Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60 mph speed limit, newly resurfaced road with a recommended top speed of 20.

Some
comes along doing well over 60 throws up a load of stones and now my windscreen is

Some people should not be allowed to drive!
livid. I have to pay for an rs clutch in 2 weeks and now I need to find the money to fix this!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Feel your pain chap. Some people just do not give a toss. Had a similar thing a few years ago. Picked up a brand new car from the dealer and 20 minutes down the road car behind rips past through some roadworks with gravel all over the road, result big chip on the bonnet.

I would think your policy would cover the windscreen but you will probably have to pay a excess, think on my policy it's £90

Mike

·
Registered
731 Posts
This happened to me in the wilds of Scotland years ago - I was doing 20mph on a resurfaced country road heading for work (RAF) and some numpty shot past me, showering my car with gravel. I was cringing, waiting for the windscreen to come through but luckily it didn't. A few minutes later I passed him, the back of his car poking out of a hedge, him standing next to it with his head in his hands. I laughed my socks off and sailed past him at a steady 20

The best thing was that at the time I was aircraft groundcrew and one of the flights was delayed because... one of the aircrew had crashed his car on the way in. Guess who?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts