Ford Focus ST Forum banner

restoration st update 14/08/2013 car is now sold

MK2 
Tags
mk2
21K views 300 replies 57 participants last post by  British beef 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
name change

well lets start from the start i originally put a thread up asking does anyone know this st well not alot of people new the car well it would of been pure luck if they did. i than whent and viewd the car it is a 06 plate silver st3 and i saw littel or no problem in the car apart from a cracked sump and generall bits and bobbs.

after looking around the car i realised the car had loads of bits done to and it was low millage at 26 thousand
so wat the hech i brought the car so now i have a st3 focus top spec for under half the amount to buy a second hand one.

not a great pic i must add

loverly

another
pic

eiberspacher wheel spacers i think thats how you spell it ill double check

o ya

i dnt no if im keen on that boot lip really

under bonnet bling

carbon love

more carbon love

spotless interior

my black xenon headligjhts this is the only damage to them like i said superficial o well

the pro alloy intercooler and a boot full of bits and parts

another bum one

the spec of the car i can c is.

rs clutch and flywheel replaced at collins with rs spark plugs
full samco water hose set
pro alloy intercooler
full turbo back 3 inch exhaust system
fulll polybush front end
a uprated stabiliser mount in red
dream science induction kit
wheel spacers
lowered on wolf springs

this stuff is from code red
full carbon engine detailing
full alloy header tanks and other caps and tanks
code red gearknob

thats it for now starting to order parts for it and get going on it
my mate is going to weld up the sump for me he is a alluminuim welder buy trade and fabricator he also builds rs 200 as a hobby in south woodham going to get his advise on were to get it live mapped on a rolling road aswell

well thats it any comments welcome

See less See more
#4 ·
i think your spot on in what you are doing,

1st off get the sump welded (as you are )

full her up with oil and other fluids

and see if she will try fire up.

seem to have been cared for at some point tho, i have my fingers crossed for you i really hope it all goes well.

#24 ·
Hi Peter
So does the motor run and sound ok? Looks better in the pics now its had a bath
hello gary i havent tryed ive got to take the sump of to be welded than get some oil and cross every bone in my body to be fair its not the end of the word if it knocks just means forged pistons

but hopefully saturday i will be takeing the sump of and showing every one her gutts lol o and im doing all this on the fork lift my dad cant be bothered taking his maseratis out the work shop so i cant use the ramp so i hope it dnt snow

#28 ·
Lol all I no is it looks nice wats the boot lip thing

Well I spoke to a1 rally sport to day they said they fitted the rs clutch and flywheel

And they also said it has a bigger turbo on it from wat they saw they didn't fit it so I need to get a pic up

Rite want to order oil Fuchs Titan pro s 5 w 40 called unipart they said 36 pound for 10 liters rite that's to cheap in my eyes they said it will come In Unipart bottles because Fuchs surply the oil unipart re label it now does any one no if this is correct

#57 ·
well took the sump of to day and got it welded up my mate make manifolds for blue sprit and graham goody and baffel kits for cosworths so when i say he can weld he is the nuts gave him my sump he said the alloy it is made out of is well
so he plated it for stuck a nice plate over the crack and welded around it for now ill try and get a gud second hand one but for now its fine

to be fair the car was absolute pain becuse it was lowered on thos wolf spring didnt look low but i strugeled to get it on my ramp

took pics of the turbo aswell im not sure if its a rs one but it does look like it has got new gaskets and its been off so mite just be a hybrid really

when i took the sump of had a gud look at the old girls gutts and well she is spotless there was a bit of oil in and around and there was oil in the cooler

dnt think the opil cooler is a rs one even tho there was a bill in there for one but hay ho i surpose

other pictuers are just random sorry about the quality its a i phone its

can any one help to tell me wat exhaust is on it i dnt have a clue cany fine a name on it at all

o ya wat is this thing that is one the drivers side wishbone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.