Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
name change

well lets start from the start i originally put a thread up asking does anyone know this st well not alot of people new the car well it would of been pure luck if they did. i than whent and viewd the car it is a 06 plate silver st3 and i saw littel or no problem in the car apart from a cracked sump and generall bits and bobbs.

after looking around the car i realised the car had loads of bits done to and it was low millage at 26 thousand
so wat the hech i brought the car so now i have a st3 focus top spec for under half the amount to buy a second hand one.

not a great pic i must add

loverly

another
pic

eiberspacher wheel spacers i think thats how you spell it ill double check

o ya

i dnt no if im keen on that boot lip really

under bonnet bling

carbon love

more carbon love

spotless interior

my black xenon headligjhts this is the only damage to them like i said superficial o well

the pro alloy intercooler and a boot full of bits and parts

another bum one

the spec of the car i can c is.

rs clutch and flywheel replaced at collins with rs spark plugs
full samco water hose set
pro alloy intercooler
full turbo back 3 inch exhaust system
fulll polybush front end
a uprated stabiliser mount in red
dream science induction kit
wheel spacers
lowered on wolf springs

this stuff is from code red
full carbon engine detailing
full alloy header tanks and other caps and tanks
code red gearknob

thats it for now starting to order parts for it and get going on it
my mate is going to weld up the sump for me he is a alluminuim welder buy trade and fabricator he also builds rs 200 as a hobby in south woodham going to get his advise on were to get it live mapped on a rolling road aswell

well thats it any comments welcome

·
Registered
614 Posts
looks like nice, a good buy mate, and you will have plenty of enjoyment and frustrations rebuilding it,, i hope it goes well for ya, good luck

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i think your spot on in what you are doing,

1st off get the sump welded (as you are )

full her up with oil and other fluids

and see if she will try fire up.

seem to have been cared for at some point tho, i have my fingers crossed for you i really hope it all goes well.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,078 Posts
From the picture , that's not a Dreamscience induction kit....or not like any i have ever seen

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers

well ive got the bill for it the rest of it is in the boot lol

im going to get it mapped my self egleased than i know it was done properly mite even see if graham hatherway will do it he is only down the road from me or some one else like that

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
cheers

well ive got the bill for it the rest of it is in the boot lol

im going to get it mapped my self egleased than i know it was done properly mite even see if graham hatherway will do it he is only down the road from me or some one else like that
Use a proper tuner, a one that has well established roots in the ST world. They haven't got their brilliant reputations from nowhere!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Use a proper tuner, a one that has well established roots in the ST world. They haven't got their brilliant reputations from nowhere!
i only ask be cause graham hatherway is a god in the cossy world same as ahmed bashjoo
maybe becuase no one has tried this kind of tuneing everyone gets the hand held devises that everything is all the same

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
fair enough i tought you could so wat does jan sport do than just load a map on
Yes they tweak the mapping then reload the ECU each time! It takes forever believe me! On ours it runs the RS ECU and you cant even upload that through the OBD port so the ECU has to be taken out each time!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Yes they tweak the mapping then reload the ECU each time! It takes forever believe me! On ours it runs the RS ECU and you cant even upload that through the OBD port so the ECU has to be taken out each time!
What a pain! I hope you haven't tampered with fords/volvo's anti tamper device

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well so far i now no im going to jam sport thanks fishy face & rowe i looked on there web site nothing for ecu tuning

1 - 20 of 301 Posts