Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few lads run a home made induction kits, any pics before & after please? List of what's used ie pipe bore/hose angles etc TIA :nod:

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I stand by the belief that if your gonna do it, do it properly
If you've got money to burn then yes I agree but mine cost a fraction of the DS kit including the ecu holder which is extra on top of the £400 you pay for the DS version and mine does exactly the same so why would you opt for a far more expensive way of achieving the same outcome!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
The top pipe is different on the DS kit for starters

I paid £400 including ECU holder?

And how do you know its the same outcome? do you have power gain figures from both DS kit and home made?

I guess im just a perfectionist

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Sorry but I stand by the fact that mine was a hell of a lot cheaper and as the pipe work leading to the exact same filter as per the DS kit I see no additional benefit other than to change the crossover pipe which you can the get from AS for £100 which is still half the price of the DS kit.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Sorry but I stand by the fact that mine was a hell of a lot cheaper and as the pipe work leading to the exact same filter as per the DS kit I see no additional benefit other than to change the crossover pipe which you can the get from AS for £100 which is still half the price of the DS kit.
You can actually get a stainless steel code red top pipe for £40

I do agree the DS will provide more benefits but I can't justify paying that much for some pipe and a filter, I will be doing the homemade jobber soon too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do love brands and have splashed out on all sorts for mine, but a decent homemade induction kit & k&n hidden in the bumper is fine for now

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
with the closed cone kits, where do you relocate the ecu holder to, pm me to save hijacking this thread
(sorry
) Here's mine
the black thing behind the passenger headlight is the AS ecu holder, when you buy the induction kit it comes with brackets that place the ecu in the same place but exposed

1 - 20 of 32 Posts