Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All would like to find a reputable outfit for spending some money with in relation to moding my pre-facelift ST3. I already have a Mongoose (Cat back) with an airtec intercooler, though I suspect its still on std mapping. So I need some guidance to gain some bang for my dollars.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
All would like to find a reputable outfit for spending some money with in relation to moding my pre-facelift ST3. I already have a Mongoose (Cat back) with an airtec intercooler, though I suspect its still on std mapping. So I need some guidance to gain some bang for my dollars.....
Yep have to agree with Stubbsy. You wont go wrong with Pumabuild. Good reputation, prices seem good and I am yet to read a bad report about them. I am a touch further north than you and use Collins who are based in Congleton. A bit of a hike for you but I guarantee you wouldnt be disappointed.

Your first step from here is remap! Best performance increase per £ spent by an absolute mile Transforms the car. As for which one, there is loads on this forum. Dreamscience was my first handset and it was immense.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Or Jacksons ford is in Warwickshire, they have a pretty good rep and seemed helpful when I went there
plus they are mountune pro dealers

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Or Jacksons ford is in Warwickshire, they have a pretty good rep and seemed helpful when I went there
plus they are mountune pro dealers
If you want to go Mountune, then Jacksons is your best bet. Had mine done there a couple of weeks ago. The op already has a larger intercooler tho' where the MP260 includes one as standard, so he might want to go DS or similar

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Booked in at Pumabuild next Tuesday for Induction & Re-map, cant wait to se how it feels afterwards, though don't tend to push it that often.....After these mods I'll be looking at handling & stopping properly as the horses will be enough.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jackson Ford Henley in Arden is the only place I have used for servicing and upgrades, always great service and advice given.
They do Bluefin upgrade aswell as Mountune and may offer others.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Would be Jacksons for me any day of the week. They are the more professional bunch as opposed to the other company that has been mentioned. Once I found out about them they got all my custom when I owned the ST

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Would be interesting to see how much a RS clutch kit is fitted as theyre only round the corner from me.
Whats the betting they can,t match Pumabuild though

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, done the deed today, A Pumabuild remap, induction kit, new boost solenoid & a few other bits & bobs.

First impressions 'given a very wet drive home' are very impressive indeed, soon be back for front pipe and sports cat.....

Nice work guys....i'll be back very soon

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Would be interesting to see how much a RS clutch kit is fitted as theyre only round the corner from me.
Whats the betting they can,t match Pumabuild though
They won't be able to match the price of PB. I had mine done at Jacksons as I know all the parts that should be changed will be changed. They did a top job and I had no problems at all. And to be honest it wasn't massively more in price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts