Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Oh deary me
another one

Loving the red break hub's on the back and this quote "ST TURBO POD GAUGES (£100) AESTHETICS ONLY"

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I'm sure this is the same one as last time, as I remember the 'stunning' painted rear brake drums.

Looks like he's having another go at shifting it....

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
Photos are the same,interior one showing stereo has the same date and time
if you check the web site in the advert the car is cheaper

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE(Nick A @ 23 Jan 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>may be it is an ST and he's changed the engine.....

that would have been cheaper

i'm sure there is a reason people do this but it is one i'm sure we will never understand.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Well I say well done, it looks a lot better than other stuff I have seen and he has sorted most of the details other would miss, like roof lining. How far removed is it from someone with an ST sticking RS vents, rims and spoiler on etc. but you do not pull people for that
(ok you don't put an RS badge on but you know what I mean)

O.K he has no HID's and no leather so not a ST3 rep but an ST1 (with upgrade stereo) rep

Other pre-facelift bits are the none working guages and the wheels

The Brakes are the real let down

A good attempt so give the guy a chance.

NB I would not like to disclose all the bits to the insurance, will probably cost a fortune to insure they will even cover it:roll:

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
been cheaper to buy an
in the first place! never seen the point in this replica lark! the pre/facelift rear bumper and the high performance brake drums are amazing.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I think the problems with the last 2 are the descriptions, thye say they are ST lookalikes but thye might only have a set of rims or a front bumper on them not not a look a like at all.

However you can not knock them for taking the odd part from other spec/models, as I posted above there are a few on here who have done that and they normally get a
or at worse a coment that it is their car and as long as they like it etc.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ok what about the MK1 focus TDCi sport, this car has many of the ST170 bit from the factory, now will this be classed as a look a like? I have a friends who has one and has added the wheels and headlamps from a ST170, other than the fact its missing the engine and front brakes its a near identical replica even downto the dials incl working oil guages! Now would he be flamed for having this?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts