Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Has anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2648

i have play/noise from both outer cv joints

im hoping that they are covered by warranty - just had passengers side inner gater done on warranty
We have one of these on at the moment! Seems ok but i wouldnt expect it to last long on Tigger lol! Changing it is a pig of a job by the way! I couldnt get the old one off the shaft and had to break up the bearing then grind the centre off!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
We have one of these on at the moment! Seems ok but i wouldnt expect it to last long on Tigger lol! Changing it is a pig of a job by the way! I couldnt get the old one off the shaft and had to break up the bearing then grind the centre off!
oo sounds like fun ,,

how is tigger was just reading throu some of your posts

im not having a good few weeks im getting a horrible noise from my passengers side and now discovered 2 knackered cv joints ..

do ford not sell the joints ?

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
oo sounds like fun ,,

how is tigger was just reading throu some of your posts

im not having a good few weeks im getting a horrible noise from my passengers side and now discovered 2 knackered cv joints ..

do ford not sell the joints ?
Tigger is all good and away at Turbotechnics having some turbo tweaks done! Ford only sell the complete shafts im afraid! Graham at Carpartsexpress do refurbed shafts though!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
i've had one on since November and all is well so far

Like Fishy says with Ford you have to buy the complete driveshaft at over £600!!!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
i've had one on since November and all is well so far

Like Fishy says with Ford you have to buy the complete driveshaft at over £600!!!
They are good value for money! You would pay at least that for a boot normally! Did you get your old one off ok then Jamie? Ours wouldnt budge a millimeter and i had to cut the inner into 2 pieces to get it off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts