Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Evening Folks.

As some of you will be aware, I have been kicking around on here for over a year now. I have been a salesperson for a large dealership in Bristol for almost 6yrs, I've spent the last year on here helping in posts where I can, and helping with radio codes etc.

I've actually learned a lot from here -
To name one scenario, we had a focus with the 'bonnet lock not working', the technician was about to smash the grill apart, until I stopped him and took the 'how to' out. Worked a treat, easily saving my £10 membership.

Anyway, my membership expired and instead of being registered as a 'collective member', I was somehow upgraded to 'owner member', that left a dilema - the right way to get it sorted was to get myself an ST.
I've bought a nice ST3 which is currently in our Manchester dealership (I am buying through my garage), I'm off to collect it form there on Monday (sod paying £300 for a transporter to do it), then will be collecting it (hopefully) in time for next weekend.

It's a Pre facelift ST3 in P.Blue, with an aftermarket exhaust, don't think there are any optional extras, but the guy I called was busy, so i'll assume there aren't, and if there are, it's a bonus.

Insurance.
I am 24, with 6yrs company car NCB - Not living in the nicest part of Bristol.

Sky insurance - £1500+
Greenlight - Won't quote (not had my own policy for the last 12 months)
Chris Knott- Drivers must be over 25

Best quote i've had is with Bell, thats £900, with my Dad on the policy as a named driver, declaring the Exhaust and 'exterior decals', they also take into account 6yrs company car NCB.

Now I know how my customers feel when I make them wait for their cars!

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Hiya Rich and
to the
club...oh hang on a minute you've been here longer than me

Glad you've finally got yourself sorted with an
, hope it's a good 'un

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Blimey you mean you read a years worth of posts about how they go wrong and you still bought one?

Only kidding i only wish i had an
at 23.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts