Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very close to getting one for the missus and wonder what everybody's take on these cars is? We had a close look at white one today and I think it looks the biz. Build quality seems ok stationary, on-par-ish with the focus. I'll be test-driving it next Sunday but not sure what the aftersales are like, faults and other day-to-day issues with them? Are they fun enough?

Ta!
Vlad

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
they are fantastic mate. they out handle an st no problem.
need to really push them hard to get the best out of them.
customer service is on a par with ford.

and they are built by garlic eating surrender monkeys

had my bro's last week & had a hoot driving it.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,381 Posts
My Son went from the old shape Civic Type R to a Clio Cup and then to the ST3.

He said that the ST is the best all-rounder and the Clio was not only as hard as nails but the short wheelbase made for a very choppy ride too. I preferred the Type R to the Clio, but I've also got an ST3.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
My friend has a 200 on the cup chassis, very nice car, looks the bizz, goes well, handles well and sounds good. But is a very bumpy ride with the cup pack on, very nearly as bad as a car on bilsteins lol.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 14 Feb 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My friend has a 200 on the cup chassis, very nice car, looks the bizz, goes well, handles well and sounds good. But is a very bumpy ride with the cup pack on, very nearly as bad as a car on bilsteins lol.

+1 thats the biggest fault. the spine breaking ride quality.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, thanks chaps! Some great feedback from everybody here. We are keeping the ST and it would be wrong to have two in the family
My one is on bilsteins as well and the wife doesn't mind the ride
From what I remember from R26R the suspension was stiff but was remarkably compliant at the same time, not sure how the french do this

Revving hard is something to be expected from n/a engine and to be honest it would be safer for the missus if she had to really try to get silly performance out of it. Hopefully that'd break her gently into performance motoring

We really liked the way it looked. Exterior finish quality I thought was superb for a cheap-ish car.

Short base should make it really twitchy and on top of this cup chassis has 7.5% quicker steering rack, should be fun to steer

·
Banned
855 Posts
clio 197/200 are great little cars and we have sold loads from our place. if i had the choice i personally would get a 182 as they are lighter and quicker and handle a bit better.

also if your not too far from bromley i can get you discount on parts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
For the price I think they're good value. I was offered £2000 off list when I enquired about one.

I would definitely choose a 200 with Cup chassis over a 200 Cup.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 17 Feb 2010, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For the price I think they're good value. I was offered £2000 off list when I enquired about one.

I would definitely choose a 200 with Cup chassis over a 200 Cup.

This is what we are going for. White 200 with toys and cup chassis. Hope the wife likes how it drives

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Had this red 197 up until getting the ST in november and to be honest the 197 was more fun to drive, it stuck to the road like glue and once you got it past 6,000 revs it flew...only changed it because we needed a 5 door for the kids....I'd have one again tommorow...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.