Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm a new member, just got my first st but it has a dump valve fitted and I want to remove.
Just looking to find out everything I need to get it back to standard setup.
Had a quick search but can't find anything on original setup.
And where do get parts would be handy if you have any idea. (ford?)
Any advice please
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
The simplest way is to take the valve off and put a metal bung in the end of the pipe, secured with a Jubilee clip. There's been a whole topic on dump valves today, you can find it here where there are also some posts about removing it.

EDIT: Sorry, you won't be able to see that thread as you're not a member. Probably why you didn't find any info when you did a search

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
either new actuator pipe as its cut to so the T piece can go in, or a single piece to replace the T and plug where the DV was. i would suspect there is a how to somewhere on here.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Its the reverse of fitting a dump valve, it all depends on if they have blanked off the oem re-circ valve or not also

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Because an atmospheric DV on an ST is generally a bad idea, do you not read the forums?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Im with Sean! Mine had a bailey on it when I bought it, caused no end of ESP and MAF sensor errors. Totally transformed the throttle response once it was off too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have just realised that the pipe that goes across the engine is missing. Where does that go anyway?
Does anyone have a good pic of of the standard setup? I'm trying to get my head round exactly what i need.
Never seeing it as standard isn't helping.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
That goes to the symposer - it's a box with a diaphragm in it that makes an exhaust-like noise emanate from behind your dashboard. A lot of people remove them because if the diaphragm splits you'll have a boost leak, and it makes the engine bay look tidier. So i wouldn't worry about it, it's a common thing to remove it when fitting a dump valve and it looks like the previous owner has done just that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So if I were to get one of those pipes from ford. That connects straight to where the dump valve is removed from and remove the T piece vacuum hose and its back to standard?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
So if I were to get one of those pipes from ford. That connects straight to where the dump valve is removed from and remove the T piece vacuum hose and its back to standard?
If you're going to put the pipe back, you may also need symposer unit too. I do have both a pipe and unit in my shed, but to be honest it's not really worth the effort of putting back on!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just like the thought of everything back to how it should be.
There is flexible hose sticking out from the back of the engine bay and is blanked off. Does this mean the symposer will still be there?
Thanks Dan, once I figure out what I need I may take you up on the offer. How much you after?

·
Registered
647 Posts
The hose coming from the scuttle panel is the top part of the symposer.
If you have the symposer itself ( little black blob attached to the cold pipe by the throttle body) your best bet is buy a new pipe to connect these and a new symposer hose .
Both are cheap on eBay or not so cheap for new silicone versions then you will be back to OEM.

·
Kalmar Union
1,301 Posts
The standard valve is best referred to as a recirculating valve as that is exactly its function. It is best left exactly as the manufacturer intended as any replacement will not work properly or as originally intended. This is particularly so in respect of the very sophisicated ECU that measures the air before it and reacts badly to it being bled off, fair enough you can fit an aftermarket 'recirculating valve' but you are not improving things.......

Regards, Don.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts