Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any idea on how to remove the exterior door pillar trim? I've given them a bit of a pull but don't want to break them. I've got some carbon wrap for them taking inspiration from the Nurburgring VXR.

Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Alright mate I think they're the same as my old 2007 fiesta, think u have to just pulled them off which snaps the fixings which means you may need to buy either new grime or you might just be able to get the fixings seperatly

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I PM'd Gary 'The Legend' Lendon last night and he replied this morning

Hi Rich

They are held in by three plastics clips and glue - you need to very careful to remove the part without damaging it.

Regards

Gary

Sounds like a risky operation, fingers crossed for the weekend, I fear it might all end in tears

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(thestumper @ 17 Dec 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good luck then Rich!

How much are they if you were to buy a new one from Ford?

I'm not sure how much they are, i'll pop on the Ford parts site in a bit. If I break the clips I should be alright to just glue it back on.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Chances are it will break mate, they are a very common fault on the last shape fiestas as they just fall off as the clips are held to the trim by a very crude blob of gluegun glue, over time with the door opening and closing they fall off - usually at high speed

Luckily I have never heard of one falling off of a focus! However if I were you I would be very careful as most of the time they break when removing.

HTH

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hi, i need to get these off myself, so any info or pics or video, will be very helpful indeed.

Thanks for the prices and codes guys, you're the best!

Also i will attempt to remove the front and rear ones as well, so i crossing my fingers that the Ford guy will take care. I would surely brake them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts