Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
So we decided to polish the car yesterday but couldnt in the end as it was too cold and the polish wouldnt come off easy! So i decided to remove the lower grill and me and the mrs cut off the excess plastic from the top corners of the grill and then i got my brother to spray it black for me. Im going to fit it tomorrow after work as it's still tacky and its getting quite dark her now, so a few pics of how we did.

Before :

After:

After spraying:

Will post a pic up tomorrow after its fitted to show you all, any comments welcome.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
not sure if its just me mate but your pics are MASSIVE and im struggling to see them, shame i would like to see how you done this

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Was it easy to spray mate? I think I'll get my mate to spray the grills and foglight surrounds. Everytime I spray something it looks terrible

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Looks good mate ...the same as mine

QUOTE(stingy @ 7 Feb 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>done a good job there mate. what did you use to cut out the corners?

Did mine with a chisel and a Dremmel , but have since found a quicker way to do it !!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replies, we used a coping saw and we sanded it down then sprayed it with primer and i gave it to my brother so he could spray it at work today.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just done mine too, fogs and grills took me 2 days to spray all and does look fantastic, will get pics up, but so far looks like a top job matey, cant wait to see it on the car!!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 7 Feb 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good mate ...the same as mine

Did mine with a chisel and a Dremmel , but have since found a quicker way to do it !!!!!

and the quicker way is.....???lol

and how do you remove the lower grill? i tried today but couldnt do it lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took a few pics but imagecave doesnt seem to be working so when it is will post pics, unless anyone knows any other web sites i can download pics?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well imagecave was working in the end thanks anyways chris 424 for the photobucket option would of used that if imagecave still wasnt working. Well here are the pics with the grill fitted back on:

We think it looks
just got to work out how to get the upper one off now
with great difficultly we think!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts