Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Now the proud and happy owner of an ST,aiming to get it remapped,whats peoples thoughts?? My mate got his done,got 40bhp gain and a few mpg as well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hi Guys,

Now the proud and happy owner of an ST,aiming to get it remapped,whats peoples thoughts?? My mate got his done,got 40bhp gain and a few mpg as well.
Me personally Im going for bluefin in march when i renew my insurance. Its easy to use and you get low torque maps to stop the clutch slipping and if you want to go to stage 2 and beyond they send you them free of charge

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Well if we're going to be suggesting maps, i'll put forward Collins stage 1.

At the ensd of the day, stage 1 maps all give similar peak figures, its how they deliver the power that is different.

It depends what you're after. Some people prefer a big kick in the back, whereas others (me) prefer smooth maps with a large power band and flat torque curve.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Bluefin all the way! Really simple to set up and use and as said above can get low torque maps and its all in the one off cost
I am running bluefin stage 2 low torque on just an uprated exhaust and its amazing, 110% transformation you really have no idea what you are about to experience, the standard st is fast, then remapping is just wow! Enjoy

P.S Neil on here from green light insurance does amazing quotes!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well if we're going to be suggesting maps, i'll put forward Collins stage 1.

At the ensd of the day, stage 1 maps all give similar peak figures, its how they deliver the power that is different.

It depends what you're after. Some people prefer a big kick in the back, whereas others (me) prefer smooth maps with a large power band and flat torque curve.
any idea how stage 1 delivers its power? i've heared that bluefin stage 1 gives a lot of low down torque but runs out of puff a bit higher up the rev range, is this the same for collins?

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
any idea how stage 1 delivers its power? i've heared that bluefin stage 1 gives a lot of low down torque but runs out of puff a bit higher up the rev range, is this the same for collins?
Completely the opposite. It's a very balanced delivery of torque that holds up quite well through the revs

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi Guys,

....................when anyone mentions re-maps.everyone always suggests the one they are running and slates the rest...me personally arent running any!....til maybe next week Lol.......just got my decat delivered this morning so that be going on too.....whichever one you put on i am sure you will be happy with it...

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
perfect! i'm now completely sold on this map!

i do quite enjoy using the revs every now and again and would hate a map that feels really weak up top
I've been on a long drive today, and it was more than happy to sit up at 4,000+ without any weakness

I've got my graph somewhere but it's not what you'll get with the Stage 1. Gary said a Stage 1 would actually be quicker on a stock car than the Stage 2 that was loaded onto mine, I didn't want to pay the upgrade fee in the future though

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,078 Posts
Hi Guys,

Welcome along Kevin .....Plenty of choice in the re-map area , from several different tuners

Collins
Bluefin
Revo
Dreamscience
Jamsport
Mountune

I would suggest you do a bit of research on each before you decide on one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts