Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys was my birthday yesterday and got a wee bit of money and hopefully get some more over xmas. was going to buy myself new clothes but might spend it on the car.

so anyway what i was wondering was if there was any nice person that has a stock car other than a stage 1 map to take me on a pass run just to see the difference.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
ok guys was my birthday yesterday and got a wee bit of money and hopefully get some more over xmas. was going to buy myself new clothes but might spend it on the car.

i would but also a little to far

but the diffrence is massive first time you put your foot down you will let out a little bit of wee as the turbo spoils instantly and your pushed back into the seats!!

This is my first ever mapped car and i will never forget the first drive out after installing the map... im sure i said
me then giggled!! trust me you will not regret it...

i have bluefin by the way

so anyway what i was wondering was if there was any nice person that has a stock car other than a stage 1 map to take me on a pass run just to see the difference.
dont no why its qouted like that ^^

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Iv Dsci map but got downpipe and 100 cell race cat. I may be up Perth way over the holidays at some point. If not ill be bk to work on the 7th..

·
Registered
649 Posts
tbh im not sure hoping to get a ds unit.

thatd be great scott is yours just a map or anyother mods? think ive seen yours about but then there are a few eo's in perth. only 2 that are modded though.

dan let me know if you are would be intresting to hear a one with a downpipe and race cat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No problem just give me a shout whenever..the EO ST3 was my previous st which ran a stage 3+ map at 339bhp 376ft/lb..was a great car but sadly sold due to track car commitments,it is still going around perth though as a family member bought it from me.my new ST i picked up is moondust silver with private plate,seen you a couple of times in the passing..it has similar modifications to previous car but runs DSCI Stratagem which im not a fan of but give you a rough idea of what around the 300bhp mark feels like.

·
Registered
649 Posts
that be great. not seen the silver one. is that your dad that has it now? covered in flyeye usualy up at johns (blackout).

Edit: also what map are you running if you know? would you be thinking about selling?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is a different one..long story short,i bought one and he bought one not long after,the SPI film and zunsport grilles are not for me but each to their own.my previous car is FE57 UEK formally S17 WHY and is now owned by my older cousin.PM me your number and will give you a shout to try organise something to get out for a run.
Map is currently on De-tune as found car to still have standard turbo front pipe which is resticting initial low down boost until turbo gets spooling fully,new 3" front pipe is lying at the house just not had time to get fitted and taken to be mapped on the dyno.may be interested in selling as have no use for it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahh yeah i remember john saying to me just after i bought ours. ahh i know someone selling a eo one for around the same price but high power.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
big thanks to scott for taking me out for a quick run. a remapped car is how i expected the st to be when we looked at buying one. just need to decide what remap im going to go for.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ooo now I like the idea of this. Was reading perf ford earlier and am I right in saying this is the same software developers as used in the demo RS? Wouldn't mind getting something different from the norm come remap time.

My only concern is if I get stage 1 with no other mods would I have to pay full price again to update the map when adding further mods?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stuart if your planning a re-map you will not get better than WR Tuning they did mine to stage 3 its awesome you wont regret it

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
was speaking to will today. i would consider the wr one but the only thing that puts me off is if i go stage 1 now then add mods and need the map updated to sate 2 or 3 its the full cost of a remap again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts