Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Well Thats the problem right there, YOU! I've had A 7.5 Golf GTI tuned to 297 BHP, 1st and 2nd gear were useless (lost traction in the dry) 3rd and 4th was amazing. My Mk3.5 ST TDCI has a Pumaspeed stage 1R tune approx 240BHP and its more fun to drive than the Golf, not saying it's quicker, but more fun. At the end of the day that's way we buy these cars.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I haven't had any sound advice on here just about how everyone else's car is running great I've tried calling all week left messages not 1 correspondence strip it for parts will give me pleasure yes it runs its boring thats why

I thought my advice was useful (burn it and buy another Mondeo).

I've just been watching this thread and surprised people are still responding now me included. You hate the car it's ****e you want something else. Next your wanting big power big turbo followed by the cars ****e again and you don't know why you own it. Make up your mind. You've been advised what to do on this forum if you can't take advice then why waste everyones time?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·

I've just been watching this thread and surprised people are still responding now me included. You hate the car it's ****e you want something else. Next your wanting big power big turbo followed by the cars ****e again and you don't know why you own it. Make up your mind. You've been advised what to do on this forum if you can't take advice then why waste everyones time?

Yes I agree I'm sorry for my ranting I will carry on with trying to get it sorted with advice given here and thankyou all for your advice again I'm sorry for my stupid rants

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Yes I agree I'm sorry for my ranting I will carry on with trying to get it sorted with advice given here and thankyou all for your advice again I'm sorry for my stupid rants
Dude some solid advice has been given, i understand your frustrated... But you actually have to take people's advice then report back. Just because Sabre are not answering the phone or other tuning companys are too far to drive to... Its not our issue.. I drove 4 hours there and back to get my remap, i would of went further if i had to.

Your next step is to get the car remapped, custom or otherwise... Then if its still running badly and not making power... Maybe the ECU is suspect as mentioned... I doubt thats the case until you have ruled out the car wont run good on ANY TUNE... Get a tune, see how it goes... once the tune is on... Report back. If then its still not making power... You should report back and we will try and help further. I suggested the collins proformance stage 2 map (CP2v2)... There is a place not majorily far from you that will supply the remap... Otherwise hold out for a custom tune.

However coming on here saying your going to strip it for parts when it sounds like the car still runs and drives OK... Seems like your having a tantrum...Which even we would accept, if you have actually been to a tuner and spent thousands... You have not done anything to the car since speaking last week, make some moves... GET IT TUNED THEN COME BACK....

No one on here wants to be rude but honestly if your going to slag off the car and not follow through with advice people are going to be hostile towards you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Dude some solid advice has been given, i understand your frustrated... But you actually have to take people's advice then report back. Just because Sabre are not answering the phone or other tuning companys are too far to drive to... Its not our issue.. I drove 4 hours there and back to get my remap, i would of went further if i had to.

Your next step is to get the car remapped, custom or otherwise... Then if its still running badly and not making power... Maybe the ECU is suspect as mentioned... I doubt thats the case until you have ruled out the car wont run good on ANY TUNE... Get a tune, see how it goes... once the tune is on... Report back. If then its still not making power... You should report back and we will try and help further. I suggested the collins proformance stage 2 map (CP2v2)... There is a place not majorily far from you that will supply the remap... Otherwise hold out for a custom tune.

However coming on here saying your going to strip it for parts when it sounds like the car still runs and drives OK... Seems like your having a tantrum...Which even we would except if you have actually been to a tuner and spent thousands... You have not done anything to the car since speaking last week, make some moves... GET IT TUNED THEN COME BACK....

No one on here wants to be rude but honestly if your going to slag off the car and not follow through with advice people are going to be hostile towards you.
I was having a tantrum your right as have said I apologise I am trying to find a ecu for this car the ones on ebay all say not fit my car the 2014 is different from 2015 I will keep looking will not be running stage 2 as will not decat mot issues so will try stage 1 eventually I will travel to collins once again thankyou for advice and I'm sorry for my behaviour

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I was having a tantrum your right as have said I apologise I am trying to find a ecu for this car the ones on ebay all say not fit my car the 2014 is different from 2015 I will keep looking will not be running stage 2 as will not decat mot issues so will try stage 1 eventually I will travel to collins once again thankyou for advice and I'm sorry for my behaviour
Its all good. Running the stage 2 map is perfectly fine as its a progressive remap.. Meaning the more hardware you have/add, the more power it will make... It will still make around 300-305BHP with the stage 2 map. Get the stage 2 map its more aggressive and will make a huge difference in feel...

There stage 1 remap is very linear, i dont think you will like this remap, infact i know you wont like this remap.

Get the CP2v2. DO NOT GET STAGE 1... or you will be back complaining again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Its all good. Running the stage 2 map is perfectly fine as its a progressive remap.. Meaning the more hardware you have/add, the more power it will make... It will still make around 300-305BHP with the stage 2 map. Get the stage 2 map its more aggressive and will make a huge difference in feel...

There stage 1 remap is very linear, i dont think you will like this remap, infact i know you wont like this remap. Get the CP2v2. DO NOT GET STAGE 1 or you will be back complaining again.
But told needs decat for stage 2 is this true ??

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
But told needs decat for stage 2 is this true ??
This is not true, to get the full power you need a decat...You will still make around 300+ BHP without (ring collins and ask, they are always good that way). Then down the line if you want to get a "200 cell sports cat" which you can run and still pass am MOT you can do that.

You can get there stage 2 remap and build up the hardware as you go along. You will still make the peak power possible with your current setup.

To clarify, get the stage 2 remap, you dont need a decat. You dont EVER need a decat. You can run it without and still make decent power. Do not get stage 1... By the type of person you are, you want to feel a difference.. Stage 1 is too linear and very OEM like power delivery.. Im very happy with it. I doubt you would be. Infact more people on here run the CP2v2... Just go for that one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
This is not true, to get the full power you need a decat...You will still make around 300+ BHP without. Then down the line if you want to get a "200 cell sports cat" which you can run and still pass am MOT you can do that.

You can get there stage 2 remap and build up the hardware as you go along. You will still make the peak power possible with your current setup.

To clarify, get the stage 2 remap, you dont need a decat. You dont EVER need a decat. You can run it without and still make decent power. Do not get stage 1... By the type of person you are, you want to feel a different.. Stage 1 is too linear and very OEM like power delivery.. Im very happy with it. I doubt you would be. Get the CP2v2.
Ok cool 👍will see what collins can get out of it 😁😁

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Ok cool 👍will see what collins can get out of it 😁😁
Good mate and not to be rude, please actually go and do it this time. Then once you have the remap... if somehow its not running right let us know. I honestly think it will be fine... Collins remap ALOT of focus's they do know there stuff.. If there is an issue they should tell you.

Bring it down to the supplier, let them know your previous issues etc and take it from there, they should take the car out after the remap and datalog... They will know themselves if its running right or not.

Either way let us know how it goes AFTER the remap (y) you should be good!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Good mate and not to be rude, please actually go and do it this time. Then once you have the remap... if somehow its not running right let us know. I honestly think it will be fine... Collins remap ALOT of focus's they do know there stuff.. If there is an issue they should tell you.

Bring it down to the supplier, let them know your previous issues etc and take it from there, they should take the car out after the remap and datalog... They will know themselves if its running right or not.

Either way let us know how it goes AFTER the remap (y) you should be good!
I will do it thankyou for your help again sorry to all for my ranting 👍👍

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Got in contact with sabre said need to do sports cat or decat what has anyone else done for mot purposes saying 200 cell sports cat will pass mot ? Can anyone recommend any ?? Thankyou

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,256 Posts
Got in contact with sabre said need to do sports cat or decat what has anyone else done for mot purposes saying 200 cell sports cat will pass mot ? Can anyone recommend any ?? Thankyou
I've got a full turbo back Mongoose system with their 200 cell sports cat and it has never failed an MOT. Looking a the printouts against the old OE cat it is as good as or better than the stock one.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
186 Posts
Mountune 3" 200 cell sports cat + Mountune 2.5" cat back exhaust c/w Sabre stage 2. Just had it's 1st MOT since applying the mods and it sailed through no problem. Mountune kit isn't cheap, but it does fit well and has a nice finish. It's pot luck whether they're in stock though.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts