Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok thankyou will try to get updated I have no recall of any remap being previously done I bought direct from ford second owner try find some decent remap company car runs fine has a little spark at times but just seems to hold back really have to abuse the he'll out of it if you want it to do anything 😒

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Id say update all the modules with something like like forscan,
If theres no mechanical fault then its poor mapping.

Sure its not had a **** map on it previously? Ecu locked maybe
Wouldn't touch collins with a mk3 made mine run like ****, then they just fobbed me off.

Motorsport development in Blackpool have a good rep
intresting you say that about collins most of the mk3 lads on here are with collins from what iv seen and they was extremely helpful for me, even spent like 40 minutes on the phone answering all my questions before the remap. Its always ran smooth like OEM for me. I hunted for months for a remap to go for, reading reviews top to bottom and landed with collins with all the positive feedback they have and least problems. They did tell me specifically not to run different spark plugs, intercooler, BOV etc as changing these could make the map run like ****. Maybe this was your issue?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
intresting you say that about collins most of the mk3 lads on here are with collins from what iv seen and they was extremely helpful for me, even spent like 40 minutes on the phone answering all my questions before the remap. Its always ran smooth like OEM for me. I hunted for months for a remap to go for, reading reviews top to bottom and landed with collins with all the positive feedback they have and least problems. They did tell me specifically not to run different spark plugs, intercooler, POV etc as changing these could make the map run like ****. Maybe this was your issue?
I haven't said anything about collins I don't know them

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Ok mate 👍
As jason said might be something to do with the base map. When i went to collins for my map they said i had the second latest software (base map) on mine. So obviously with them evens saying that they must be clued up about it. There must be a difference between the base map and the way they effect the custom tune.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
As jason said might be something to do with the base map. When i went to collins for my map they said i had the second latest software (base map) on mine. So obviously with them evens saying that they must be clued up about it. There must be a difference between the base map and the way they effect the custom tune.
Yes will see what happens if I want to make the 3 hour trip 🤣🤣 im just loosing intrest in the car so will think long and hard as do I keep it or ditch it get something German which I don't want

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Yes will see what happens if I want to make the 3 hour trip 🤣🤣 im just loosing intrest in the car so will think long and hard as do I keep it or ditch it get something German which I don't want
Yes problems can be dishearting but honestly there a great car fun car. They might not be the fastest in class but they are the most fun imo.. You will get it sorted mate and be glad for it. Just use a good remap and you should be good.. If you dont end up going collins try a good custom tune, they should be able to data log the car on the dyno and get an indication of the issue, if it still continues. Im sure its something small if anything... But dont rule out the base map issue yet... Let us know what happens monday?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes problems can be dishearting but honestly there a great car fun car. They might not be the fastest in class but they are the most fun imo.. You will get it sorted mate and be glad for it. Just use a good remap and you should be good.. If you dont end up going collins try a good custom tune, they should be able to data log the car on the dyno and get an indication of the issue, if it still continues. Im sure its something small if anything... But dont rule out the base map issue yet... Let us know what happens monday?
Can't find anyone to even look at all deal with German only cause no fault codes ford say nothing wrong just don't think I will ever see it being a fun car think this 1 is just broken with no signs of what

·
Registered
406 Posts
Fwiw mine was totally stock, once mapped it would hesitate. They told me prob the car, and to go to them, the whole point of choosing an off the shelf map in covid was to stop travel. I said id go back to stock. It went. Asked for refund within 14days and they told me to jog on,, then stopped replying to emails.

Ill never recommend them again

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,592 Posts
Sounds like you have a boost leak, could be the waste gate not sealing, due to the usual rivet problem these turbos suffer from, but you usually get a rattle along with it, but not always.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Sounds like you have a boost leak, could be the waste gate not sealing, due to the usual rivet problem these turbos suffer from, but you usually get a rattle along with it, but not always.
I was wondering the same. It Boosts pretty high and then dumps it. I wonder if the recirc valve has been changed and badly fitted (loom bracket fitted before the valve rather than on top of it), or the old ones spring is on the way out and it can't cope when it gets to that pressure. The other thing could be the waste gate actuator. The standard one runs purely from boost pressure and it may be opening prematurely and letting the exhaust gasses thorough. Possibly it's been adjusted by previous owner for some reason??

I think if it was a boost pipe leak, it wouldn't boost as quickly and would feel slugglish from low revs. That's me just thinking out loud though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok thankyou to everyone who replied to my issue but this car is never going to be fun nobody can find anything wrong with but it won't remap it won't take a performance chip lost all interest now so time to ditch it but thanks again

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Ok thankyou to everyone who replied to my issue but this car is never going to be fun nobody can find anything wrong with but it won't remap it won't take a performance chip lost all interest now so time to ditch it but thanks again
What do you mean by proformance chip, by this you mean an ecu remap?

So pumaspeed went through the car and cant see an issue? they smoked tested it, checked all the turbo components etc... Did they check the base software etc? I really do think you need to try another place before giving up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
What do you mean by proformance chip, by this you mean an ecu remap?

So pumaspeed went through the car and cant see an issue? they smoked tested it, checked all the turbo components etc... Did they check the base software etc? I really do think you need to try another place before giving up.
Thankyou but I'm done with it had the thing 2 years has never been a fun car its so gutless and boring I had a mondeo 2.2 turbo diesel st what a car bought this thing and 🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,147 Posts
I still say it’s something simple like wrong base map.
A reputable mapping company would identify that straight away.
You can look up on Ford Etis would base map you are running and then go back to the mapping company and ask what their map was developed on. If they differ there’s your answer.

Did tdi tuning reprogrammed it for you ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I still say it’s something simple like wrong base map.
A reputable mapping company would identify that straight away.
You can look up on Ford Etis would base map you are running and then go back to the mapping company and ask what their map was developed on. If they differ there’s your answer.

Did tdi tuning reprogrammed it for you ?
Yes probably small issue to be honest even if sorted it will probably never be what I call a fun car I've just come to hate it I don't even clean it anymore I'm just tired of making phone calls taking it to places buying things for it and nothing in return its just a rolling **** 🤣🤣🤣

21 - 40 of 136 Posts