Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just wondering if anyone could help I have st250 just doesn't want to do anything very underpowered tried to get remapped but it wouldn't have it 😒 just dumps the boost have no warning lights on no fault codes no strange noise only done 55000 miles just very disappointing car on lack of performance any help where to start looking would be helpful

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Hello just wondering if anyone could help I have st250 just doesn't want to do anything very underpowered tried to get remapped but it wouldn't have it 😒 just dumps the boost have no warning lights on no fault codes no strange noise only done 55000 miles just very disappointing car on lack of performance any help where to start looking would be helpful
Need more info. What do you mean by dumps boost? What is the boost reaching on the boost gauge in each gear under wide open throttle? Which map did you go for? Who remapped the car or did you do it yourself with a flash tool.

It could be a boost leak but we need more info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need more info. What do you mean by dumps boost? What is the boost reaching on the boost gauge in each gear under wide open throttle? Which map did you go for? Who remapped the car or did you do it yourself with a flash tool.

It could be a boost leak but we need more info.
Boost over half way seems to be normal on the gauge but on the figures on remap on a proper dyno rolling road it had lost 30bhp before started they managed to get bhp back to 250bhp but would not increase at all chart shows boost builds fast then just dumps it gained a bit of torque but would not do anything else there for about 3 hours car felt OK for a week then just sluggish again

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s an off the shelf map. Has your car been to Ford recently and had a software update because they could be trying to load it on the wrong base map.
No not been to ford don't know anything about it all I spoke to ford on phone never mentioned about software update I'm just at a lose and been seriously considering ditch the car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the map is not working you could ask for them to refund you.
I would then try a plug and play from someone like Pumaspeed or Collins.
They didn't charge me as they couldn't get the figures they told me I have bought a plug and play from puma speed that's not working either nothing on this car wants to know 🤣🤣😒😒

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
No not been to ford don't know anything about it all I spoke to ford on phone never mentioned about software update I'm just at a lose and been seriously considering ditch the car View attachment 903574
it should boost to 3/4. I agree with Jason, get the map done by collins proformance or another well known tuner. Im personally with collins proformance and it runs great. Never heard of this company you have used. Personally id do a compression test... if that turns out ok across the board id lean towards the turbo being the issue... Probably just a small boost leak though honestly. Get it smoke tested if you can if issues still persist but collins proformance i can recommend for a remap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it should boost to 3/4. I agree with Jason, get the map done by collins proformance or another well known tuner. Im personally with collins proformance and it runs great. Never heard of this company you have used. Personally id do a compression test... if that turns out ok across the board id lean towards the turbo being the issue... Probably just a small boost leak though honestly. Get it smoke tested if you can if issues still persist but collins proformance i can recommend for a remap.
smoke test been done compression test been done I wouldn't say turbo issue at 55000 miles boost gauge goes over half way just doesn't pull great seems to hold back

·
Registered
415 Posts
Id say update all the modules with something like like forscan,
If theres no mechanical fault then its poor mapping.

Sure its not had a **** map on it previously? Ecu locked maybe
Wouldn't touch collins with a mk3 made mine run like ****, then they just fobbed me off.

Motorsport development in Blackpool have a good rep

1 - 20 of 158 Posts