Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
they are supposed to be removed on the pdi of a new car

its to stop them bouncing around on the delivery lorry !!!

id take that photo to your supplying dealer and kick off about it

·
Registered
520 Posts
id keep them and take them with your photo back to the dealer they really havent done the pre delivery inspection properly so what else have they missed !!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it's brand new. Just phoned the dealer and they said bring it down first thing in the morning. Not sure I can get my hands in to get the off without compressing the spring.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Leave them on mate and take it easy when driving, then when in the dealers in the morning tell them you want a full dpi again while your watching, and see what you can get because thats taking the
leaving them in.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My dealers did the same to mine I never noticed them, I only found out about it when I tuck it back because of a bag it was making. Like berms said take pic and take it back. I was told its because they put extra on the ST because of how low it is and they didn't know. didn't believe them and made sure I was watching when they tuck them off. It's not like you can even miss them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna let them touch it and make then do a full check on the suspension and tracking just to be sure there's no damage.

I've only done 10 miles but good job I noticed as I'm driving 200 miles to Leeds at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Out of interest - are we allowed to name the dealers!?
Name and shame. If the dealer does good service then their name will be praised on the forum and in turn get them more business. Works the other way too. If they don't offer good service then warn others so they can stay clear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts