Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a Short Shift / Quick Shift for my 2012 ST2 eSTate; what are people's 'real world' recommendations as there seems to be a plethora of options such as AS; Steeda; Mountune; Forge; FSWerks etc.

Thanks in advance!

And discuss... :woohoo:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Breedt on my RS and just bought the same for the ST (well a copy, the retailer I bought it from didn't have any Breedt in stock so went with the alternative, which is exactly the same), which I will fit soon.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had a collins performance one on my mk2 many years ago and i actually preferred the shorter shift. I’m having the mountune one installed in just over a week, they all should give the same feel i should imagine the only difference between them will be the materials they are made out of...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had a collins performance one on my mk2 many years ago and i actually preferred the shorter shift. I'm having the mountune one installed in just over a week, they all should give the same feel i should imagine the only difference between them will be the materials they are made out of...
I'm contemplating getting the mountune one too so I would be interested in finding out what you think!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fitted a Breedt to mine set at 25%, seriously thinking of going back to the original, it has made the gear change incredibly notchy.

But it does smooth when everything is hot.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Been living with the mountune billet short-shift arm for a few days now, im glad it's on as i prefer the shorter throw but there is a more notchy mechanical feel to the shift now

·
Registered
342 Posts
I went for the fswerks shift plate. Works great and easier to fit than most due to the fact you don't have to remove the shift arm to fit it.

I should think comments about these making the shifter feel notchy are due to not recalibrating the shift cable after fitting. Takes 2 minutes and it makes all the difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went for the fswerks shift plate. Works great and easier to fit than most due to the fact you don't have to remove the shift arm to fit it.

I should think comments about these making the shifter feel notchy are due to not recalibrating the shift cable after fitting. Takes 2 minutes and it makes all the difference.
what do u do to recalibrate the shift cable?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.