Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What little touches can I do to the exterior, so far I've got springs and spacers black grilles and fogs, dmb gel overlays. but that's about it looks wise , oh and milltech exhaust. The stance is nice and sporty/aggressive, but I want to make it look a little more sporty/tough without going ott or down the lonely Chav path. Obviously don't want to spend fortunes so would like to hear what u guys are doing with yours

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I think the genuine ones are about £200 and they're not painted! Possibly more, but I'm sure someone will know. Those ones there are about £40 from ebay and the quality and fit was spot on. I had them painted at a bodyshop (they were doing some other work for me at the time), but I cut the bonnet and fitted the vents in, no need to respray the bonnet

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the genuine ones are about £200 and they're not painted! Possibly more, but I'm sure someone will know. Those ones there are about £40 from ebay and the quality and fit was spot on. I had them painted at a bodyshop (they were doing some other work for me at the time), but I cut the bonnet and fitted the vents in, no need to respray the bonnet
Cool, was it hard/tricky to cut and fit? Quite tempted now

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Cool, was it hard/tricky to cut and fit? Quite tempted now
Dead simple to cut out and fit! There's a template on here somewhere, you just mark out the holes and cut away. I used a tiny cutting disc on a dremel and then a fine metal file to take the burrs off of the edge. Then the vents just bond in using Tiger Seal over night

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dead simple to cut out and fit! There's a template on here somewhere, you just mark out the holes and cut away. I used a tiny cutting disc on a dremel and then a fine metal file to take the burrs off of the edge. Then the vents just bond in using Tiger Seal over night
Interesting ill hunt this template out. Are your vents open so they flow air? Some non genuine ones I've seen don't actually have the slats cut out

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
What little touches can I do to the exterior, so far I've got springs and spacers black grilles and fogs, dmb gel overlays. but that's about it looks wise , oh and milltech exhaust. The stance is nice and sporty/aggressive, but I want to make it look a little more sporty/tough without going ott or down the lonely Chav path. Obviously don't want to spend fortunes so would like to hear what u guys are doing with yours
Have you got the clear fog light on? Gives the back of the car a nicer more balanced look

Spacers are a good call to make the look more aggressive

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle - prefacelift splitter

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Cloud Sky - prefacelift diffuser

Wood Rectangle Material property Font Triangle - wingvents

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire - facelift splitter

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle - prefacelift mid rear spoiler

Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Car - facelift rear RS style diffuser.

Wood Hardwood Rectangle Office ruler Wood stain - clear upper brakelight

Attachments

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you got the clear fog light on? Gives the back of the car a nicer more balanced look

Spacers are a good call to make the look more aggressive
No i havnt, good idea tho. Do i need the lense and a new coloured bulb?

Does anyone know of a good bee sting style aerial?

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I used to have one. Can't remember which make.

There is a how to on shortening the standard one. You don't loose all signal then.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am fitting rs vents in the new year and This may be a silly question, but how do you avoid the braces on the underside of the bonnet, do you cut the holes from the bottom?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I am fitting rs vents in the new year and This may be a silly question, but how do you avoid the braces on the underside of the bonnet, do you cut the holes from the bottom?
The correct location to cut is within the strengthening sections underneath the bonnet using templates. The method is to place the template in the correct location from underneath, mark around the template, drill from underneath on each corner and join the holes up above and cut out with a dremel. Or you can dremel out from below. If cutting from above protect the rest of your bonnet, if from below cover your engine.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
My advice is not to make it an RS want to be or copy everyone else. When I ordered our lasses in 07 it was one of the first frozen white St's (which helps), I then went for a rear deffuser (raid, you can't get these anymore) and painted the grills and fog surrounds and grills in a special effect paint, I also continued the grill into the front bumper (I was the one who started the trend
). I then fitted a new exhaust with 3.5" slash cut exhaust (still looked OEM but a bit bigger) and I ended up with a subtle different cars that has since won prizes. DO not be dragged in to the more bolt on bits is best (it just looks like you have driven through Halfords window, plan where you want to be and remember the base car you have and so keep in keeping with the original design

1 - 19 of 19 Posts