Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Recommend Me A Digi Comp Camera Please

777 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  telboy 
#1 ·
Can you recommend me a digital compact camera that will still give me good quality pictures when taken in bad light conditions. Budget £125 ish

#2 ·
You wont go far wrong with one of these fella, and at that price its a steal...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5592283.htm

Canon make the best cameras available in my opinion, I have a digital SLR and an IXUS 85...

I will just say, it depends what you mena as bad light conditions though, but that canon will cope with most things, and you wont get any better for the cash IMHO...

#4 ·
If you up your budget a bit then there are some great cameras to be had. Just browse through the back of a T3 or Stuff magazine for their top 10. I can tell you though that canon and panasonic often come very highly rated during teats. If your like me and like to read about what your buying then you cant go wrong with either mag.

#7 ·
Look for a a camera with high ISO capability (1600 or even 3200/6400) and then a larger diameter lens as they will let more light in. The lens will be have an F number - the lower the better.

Also Image Stabilisation (IS) will allow lower shutter speeds in low light although IS will not help to capture moving subjects too well.

More than 4 MegaPixel is probably just overkill, and just makes the files too large ans slow to open and manipulate

#13 ·
QUOTE(chrisd @ 22 Nov 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As previously stated, the Panasonic Lumix cameras are up there with the best. If your gonna push the boat out a bit, I got a Cannon G10, it does everything my 400d did plus more.

i had the g10 and sold it

took great pictures if the light was good and the subject did not move

replaced it with a canon 500D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.