Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a few mentions of a cheap recirc valve that should be changed. Brands like Mountune have been mentioned as well. Can anyone please expand what it is and how you do it. Ive never heard of it myself until now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've changed mine with a Mountune one. It's a worthy mod as the standard one is a cheap nasty plastic set up which literally drops to bits when you remove it lol.

Not too bad a job but it's in a tight area which you can get to through the RHF inner wing area (remove the drivers alloy wheel to access).

Daz

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I also changed to the Mountune. It looks simple enough; 3 bolts to remove and replace. Being in such a restricted area, you need small hands, the patience of a saint and at least an hour.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yep the Mountune one is great. I am more a computer kind of person but I managed to fit it myself. You will need time and patience as there is not much room in there, oh and also a set of ball allen keys!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Turbo smart short plumb shortie for me... can't notice any performance increase, but I know that its future proofed for future boost increases... peace of mind mod.. simple

·
Super Moderator
13,316 Posts
Unless you're thinking of increasing the power it's not a necessary change. I've had no issue on any of the three Mk3's that I've had with the original recirc valve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts