Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

Im having my Revo stage 1 installed on friday on my Focus 2013 ST250 MK3. I've already got a revo induction kit and hoping to get an upgraded recirc value too, ready for stage 2.

I'm leaning towards a valve from Forge or Mountune.

What would you guys suggest? Either of those or something other...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi all,

Im having my Revo stage 1 installed on friday. I've already got a revo induction kit and hoping to get an upgraded dump value too ready for stage 2.

I'm leaning towards a recirc valve from Forge or Mountune.

What would you guys suggest? Either of those or something other...

You have one or the other not both, from what I've seen/heard the MK2 responds a lot better to a re circulation valve. Not sure about MK3

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Dump valves are a waste of time and money. They dump the boost that the engine has been designed to recirculate in the system to lower turbo lag, and just make a noise that singles you out as being a muppet to anyone who hears it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Go mountune, simple le and faultless, I had a turbosmart dual port and have had problems, fitted a mountune and all sorted👌

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go mountune, simple le and faultless, I had a turbosmart dual port and have had problems, fitted a mountune and all sorted
I'm pleased for you result but as far as I can see the Turbosmart and Mounttune Recirc are identical except for colour finish. I have used both and cannot see any differences.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Its only cos my turbosmart stoped working properly, it was a dual port and made the noise, then one day stopped, and car developed a emissions issue, but new recirc solved it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is it worth getting the mountune recirc valve on my mk3 with the Mountune 275 upgrade? Was also thinking of fitting the mountune breather plate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought the Forge recirc valve with the uprated yellow spring. Amazing piece of engineering... It looks that beautiful i dont want to fit it lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts