Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
CP320
1,703 Posts
It connects to the underside of the black plastic plenum that is shown in the photo. If there has previously been a dump valve fitted then it's likely that someone has cut the hose and added a T-piece connector, this needs to be replaced with a straight connector to effectively restore the hose to original state.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It connects to the underside of the black plastic plenum that is shown in the photo. If there has previously been a dump valve fitted then it's likely that someone has cut the hose and added a T-piece connector, this needs to be replaced with a straight connector to effectively restore the hose to original state.
Cheers for replying mate, it’s connected on the side you are on about. I’m on about the other end of it it just loops round the top of the engine and is hanging down the back

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If i'm right it goes to the Recirculating valve on the turbo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah it goes the recirc valve, if it's loose it is definitely worth checking the routing across the cylinder head cover and ensuring it is secure and can't get caught up in the back of the cambelt/sprockets.
I’ve just had a quick look but it doesn’t look like there’s anything that the pipe can fit onto. You havnt got any pictures of where it’s meant to fit on to have you. Sorry to be a pain, I’m new to these st’s and still trying to learn my way around them 😅

·
Registered
CP320
1,703 Posts
I’ve just had a quick look but it doesn’t look like there’s anything that the pipe can fit onto. You havnt got any pictures of where it’s meant to fit on to have you. Sorry to be a pain, I’m new to these st’s and still trying to learn my way around them 😅

Attaches to the nipple of the valve circled in red on this post, although the photo shows an aftermarket version. The stock version is quite similar but all black plastic. If yours already has a hose on it then you just need to join them up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts