Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Reassurance to others and one question re heated seats

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JONP 
#1 ·
Well since I bought my 2007 ST2 in December 2013 with just 7K on the clock from new it has never missed a beat. One year and one month later and I have done some 39 thousand plus miles yes (39K). I change the oil and filter every 3 months without fail as I do about 120 miles per day and have changed the original plugs to some RS plugs as they were cheaper in November of last year.. So to anyone lurking here and contemplating on the purchase of an ST2, find a good one and go for it, its addictive.

My first fault is now with the reversing light not working and will change the switch on the g/box as soon as the new part arrives. However in checking the fuses n84 which was fine I note that fuse no.86 had a 20a fuse for heated seats in place although the switches for heated seats are not there in the dash consol. I assume I do not have heated seats but is there an easy way to check and get this feature?

Many thanks

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have an ST2 same age as yours. Last summer I fitted the leather seats from an ST3 and the wiring is all in the car.

You'll need the heated seat switches and a new panel for the to fit in to (along with your other switches) and the leather seats. You could strip your cloth seats and fit heated elements, but that's a lot of work.

It's all plug and play, not reprogramming needed to activate them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.