Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

This is my second ST now, and i remember from my last one that the rear wiper was next to useless.. and thats been confirmed from this one as well.. There bobins!

Question is, can i get a flat blade on the back like the two fronts ? If so where from and how much..

If not which rear blades are better than the current one ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I would be interested i jus bought front and rear wipers from ford the front ones are perfect but the back one is rubbish?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I heard only the fraud one fits, I thought baout it today when following a modeo with the new areo style blade on the back.

What other arms would fit onto the existing spindle on the Focus (you could fit golf ones onthe front LCR's and a skoda one on the back to fit factory areo blades)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Agree the you that it's useless , it has been renamed the rear smearing device for a long time now . If you have any luck keeps us updated please , maybe with some pics !!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
The rear wiper on my old S3 was rubbish, and it was a common mod to swap the arm & blade for those off a VW Touran. I'd definitely be interested to know if there was a better option that could be swapped in off another model.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think it could be something to do with the spring tention pushing the blade down against the window not being strong enough ?

I know the Golf GTI / R32 has a small flat blade wiper on the rear, but i wouldnt have a clue if it was the same fitment as ours ?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I think the different opinions is based on expectations, yes they our lasses wipes the rain off fine however get some muck on there and you might as well be driving a van

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup a bit of muck in the rain and the rear wiper is
rubbish. maybe one of those super multi blade things would work. as is get through gallons of screen wash during the winter

·
Registered
325 Posts
I agree the rear wiper on the ST is
and I am convinced the problem is the spring, the wiper is not pressing down on the window enough.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mines not bad, but I can't see
out the back anyway, because of the auto dimming mirror that dims when it wants and the
privacy glass...!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine was fine until someone nicked it off my car. The replacments have never been any good. The little teeth on the arm where broken but I honestly dont think that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why not remove the wiper arm altogether like someone else did on here for a nice smooth look... then just polish the glass and use Rain X which will keep the screen clear when you're on the move without too much dirt depositing and just hose off when you get home if it gets really bad!?
When I buy a facelift ST I'm going to do it anyway!

PS: I can't find the "how to" for removing the arm which also had the correct size bung for plugging the hole... the search function is a waste of time (unless I'm not using it correctly?!) so if anyone can direct me to this I'd be very happy!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I am waiting until the weather is better to try this. All you need to do is unbolt the wiper arm, take the trim off the boot lid and unbolt the motor etc....at a guess.

I have a 30mm gromett I think will fit but have concerns that it could be termoved if someone really wanted to (even with silicon sealer) I would prefer a metal disk with a thread welded to it that you could then put a big waher on the inside and fix in place with a nut. Is anyone on hear handy with this kind of stuff?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts