Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week i started getting a slight knocking on the rear passenger wheel when going over speed ramps etc, but this morning i went out and it was happening on virtually every bump i went over, for about 2 miles, then all of a sudden it stopped, had to go out again this afternoon and it was back, but again after a couple of mile it stopped,
any ideas guys before i take it to a garage, i want to try and start fixing things myself

cheers

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Check the drop links on the anti roll bar at the rear, if one of them come loose then you get the occasional "bonk" when the body rolls.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Check the drop links on the anti roll bar at the rear, if one of them come loose then you get the occasional "bonk" when the body rolls.
cheers mate that will be check number 1 tomorrow, if my mates sober enough... i wouldnt know where to start looking.

just googled the part so i know what i am looking for... how do i know if its dead

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks,, could i have caused this myself, as about 1 month ago i had a service and they said that the rear spring was corroded , could i have caused the damage when i changed it

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Might just be a loose nut on the droplink/arb

The ones that sit sideways need to be tightened whilst you hold the bolt section still with an Allen key. Some peeps try to do them up with no Allen key and they rattle/knock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts