Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone can help or has had the same problem but my rear tyres have lasted me 6 months from new! Prob 3000 miles at a push! My front tyres were kept on at the time of buying my rear tyres which are Goodyear f1's (rears) my fronts are conti's which hve been on over 12 months now! Is my balancing out or is it something more sinister?
Any help would be great!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Tracking is all I can really think of, but to only last 3000 miles (on the rear of all places!) is pretty shocking. I know the F1's are a great tyre but do wear quickly, though I'd expect 10k miles out of the front pair let alone the rear

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(parrott55 @ 25 Jan 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't know if anyone can help or has had the same problem but my rear tyres have lasted me 6 months from new! Prob 3000 miles at a push! My front tyres were kept on at the time of buying my rear tyres which are Goodyear f1's (rears) my fronts are conti's which hve been on over 12 months now! Is my balancing out or is it something more sinister?
Any help would be great!!

Is the wear even or on inner or outer edge? I would have thought you would notice the car not handling well if the tracking was that far out, first thing is to get the tracking checked, all 4 wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.