Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the minute I've got an ST3 with the sculpted rear seats, means I can only carry 4 people. We've got a baby due in March and having 2 kids already ideally need space for 3 in the back, don't want to constantly use the mrs' mg. Question is how different are ST1 -2 rears to those in a standard focus?

Any suggestions??? And no I wont be selling the ST I've made that mistake once before lmao

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The fixings would be the same, so you could swap the ST2 rears seats with the current ST3. The only thing I am not sure about is how you would add the seat belts and how you get on legally as the ST3 is registered as a 4 seater so I am not sure if you can change this?

Looks wise, they dont look that different actually (I thought the middle seat would be flatter?)

ST2

ST3

Someone else may be able to help more?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The fixings are the same between the different models and also between 3 and 5 door for the back seats.

The belt for the middle seat is made into the back of the seats and you would need to get a different harness to go underneath the seat base as you would need it to take 2 belts rather than one there currently.

I'm sure you would need to have some sort of test done if you're increasing the number of seats, as well as letting the dvla know.

I went the opposite way and decreased the no. so only had to notify dvla.

QUOTE(chris424 @ 26 Jan 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks wise, they dont look that different actually (I thought the middle seat would be flatter?)

That pic looks to be of the 2 seat variant in cloth, which wasn't designed to be used with middle seat in use. My old cloth interior was flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts