Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i need some help , i was shopping for a used focus st3 until i read that they only hav 2 rear seat belts , is this true as i sadly have a wife and 3 kids so if this is true im going to have to look at somethink else which i dont fancy at all , i have heard you can get 5 seaters but dont know if this is true . be greatful for anyones help cheers davey

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If its cos of the mess and marks of car seats then invest in a cover for the back it will keep the fabric clean and stop car seats marking it.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Ryan @ 26 Feb 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wrong, my ST2 only has two seats

Then you've been done mate!

Mine has 2 "seats" but definately has three belts, are you sure?? Another facelift/pre facelift difference??

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 26 Feb 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>An "option" to remove a seat belt? How much was that? Definately not on newer STs.

£1 million pounds

Don't really know the cost fella as I was the second owner of the car, IIRC is was quite an expensive upgrade

·
Registered
189 Posts
can`t you fit a lap belt then into an st3 then as i`m in the same position in wanting a st3 with 3 rear belts ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Before I bought my white one I looked at an ST3 in Sea Grey and this had a 3rd rear seat belt fitted. Not sure weather it was an option or not, but it definitely had 3 seat belts in the back......

·
Registered
518 Posts
I believe you could but it would not be as simple as just fit a lap belt as you would have to get it tested as it is registered to only carry 4 people, change the V5 and change the insurance (probably more things to do as well).

A lot cheaper and easier to get a

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
QUOTE(daveygall @ 26 Feb 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>damn really wanted the leather interior

you could always get a 2 and get the seats recovered in leather - both bases covered then

(maybe a little expensive for the recover but maybe an option for you)

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE(Ryan @ 26 Feb 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here we go dear boy, a very rare option on early
's was the cloth scuplted rear seat option

View attachment 38020
I have an ST2 and have exactly the same back seat configuration. Strangely enough, mine is also blue! I was the second owner of my car, I have no idea why the previous owner asked for this, and it was a Ford manager's car!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Get an ST 3 and get a 2nd rear seat form a lower spec ST and have that retrimed to match the fronts 8)Or get an Smax 2.5T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts