Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've just taken my 170 to the hospital to check out the rear wheel bearing - again...it turns out that this is on the same side as the one one that was replaced under warranty about a month ago....and that one replaced one that had only been since October.....the garage (who are pretty good and mostly drive performance cars themselves) seem to think that the hub itself may be at fault. Does anyone have any experience of this before....I would have said that a couple of months out of a wheel bearing is a bit extreme.....

forgot to add - they were genuine Ford bearings too

·
Registered
645 Posts
I am surprised they only replaced the bearing and not the whole hub assembly last time. When I have had bearing problems under warranty (admittedly not Ford) they have always just replaced the whole lot. Must be cheaper than the labour cost to remove the bearings...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(redbox001 @ 17 Feb 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am surprised they only replaced the bearing and not the whole hub assembly last time. When I have had bearing problems under warranty (admittedly not Ford) they have always just replaced the whole lot. Must be cheaper than the labour cost to remove the bearings...

That's what I would have thought....I've got to drop it off Friday night so that they can strip it out Saturday morning so we'll see what they come up with.....

I've not seen anything about hubs being a 'weakness' on them though soI was wondering if anybody else had.......or perhaps I'm just lucky like that ....
.......not

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great news.....not! It turns out my pride and joy has been involved in an accident where the entire rear suspension on the drivers side got damaged - and not repaired correctly......that'll explain the 3 knackered wheel bearings then.......

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(KEN SYKES @ 22 Feb 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>great news.....not! It turns out my pride and joy has been involved in an accident where the entire rear suspension on the drivers side got damaged - and not repaired correctly......that'll explain the 3 knackered wheel bearings then.......

sorry to hear that mate. hopefully it won't cost too much to fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 22 Feb 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sorry to hear that mate. hopefully it won't cost too much to fix.

Picked it up tody......£696.22 for the pleasure
.....thanks
! Turns out that it has had a real smack on that rear corner and whoever had 'fixed' it had shimmed it with washers so that it ran 'straightish' , cheaperthan fixing it proerly
!!! At least it all better now.....the work has made a hell of a difference - I didn't realise that it was as bad as it was......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.