Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lots will have.

I believe fire helps. Its a good mod and a good imrpovement over standard, slightly harder ride over some surface imperfections but generally you won't notice.

Massively reduces axle tramp, and should keep the geo in better check under load.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't afford to upgrade atm so is just a replacement, but can't get the old one off

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
i've just had this replaced. It's a pig to do apparently.
No point attempting it yourself! Get a garage to do it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,077 Posts
Did mine in under 90 mins and no fire involved.......i did how ever get a spare pair of wishbones and refurb them

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I'm wanting to know folks is how to actually get the bush & carrier away from the arm itself

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
All I'm wanting to know folks is how to actually get the bush & carrier away from the arm itself
I can't find an online version of Powerflex's fitting guides. You could email them and ask for a copy. That tells you how to remove it.

You basically need to cut the bush to drain the oil and burn it out. Then press the metal sleeve out and burn some more.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea next time its dry the arms coming off again and I'm gonna take it up the workshop to press it off.

Didnt have time yesterday as it started to get dark.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did that have any sort of frame around the arm to press it off? taken my arm off to use the press up the local garage and they wont let me use it as they said they've checked on the internet and you need a specific frame/jig to press the new one on or it may damage it.

I cant seem to find it anywhere! so I'm just going to have to wait and see what DS say about it. its really gripping me now, been like it for months.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
I seem to remember that one of the reasons Ford didn't recommend replacing the bushes was the fact that the arm was liable to damage whilst a press was being utilised.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,077 Posts
I seem to remember that one of the reasons Ford didn't recommend replacing the bushes was the fact that the arm was liable to damage whilst a press was being utilised.
Or Ford would rather you buy a complete new arm from them at their over inflated prices.........

·
Registered
649 Posts
is this a common thing to go on them? just had mine into the garage for a few things doing and was told that they were separating so was just looking at new ones. does using upgraded bushes make a difference.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts