Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 2009 and I changed the rear fog light as she smashed it and a new bulb. It's not working. I have 9v at bulb holder and other fogs work fine
Any ideas please

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
My daughter has a 2009 and I changed the rear fog light as she smashed it and a new bulb. It's not working. I have 9v at bulb holder and other fogs work fine
Any ideas please
9v seems low, have you checked the ground/return path ? Trying putting a tester across the lamp holder live, and ground it to another part of the metal bodywork to verify it's good.

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,745 Posts
Check the wires going into the back of the lamp unit as they can very easily get damaged/broken/shorted out by being behind the bumper & subjected to all the water & crud getting up there. It should be a good 12v supply. 9v is too low. The holder itself might also be damaged depending on how hard the holder was possibly hit to smash the bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you trying to fit an LED bulb?
No just standard bulb
9v seems low, have you checked the ground/return path ? Trying putting a tester across the lamp holder live, and ground it to another part of the metal bodywork to verify it's good.
Got no voltage now
Tried other light which is working and getting 10v
I'm stumped
No I havent tried to earth. Went onto bulb holder and took that off and still no voltage. Fuses ok. May not have had a good connection at plug as very small. Light holder looks fine. No corrosion. are both dogs on same circuit??

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
No just standard bulb

Got no voltage now
Tried other light which is working and getting 10v
I'm stumped
No I havent tried to earth. Went onto bulb holder and took that off and still no voltage. Fuses ok. May not have had a good connection at plug as very small. Light holder looks fine. No corrosion. are both dogs on same circuit??
Can you get a probe tester into the plug to verify the supply? (if it's really small you can insert a paper clip, but obviously be careful not to short it out) then test between + and - and also test + to a separate ground to check you've got a supply up to that point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you get a probe tester into the plug to verify the supply? (if it's really small you can insert a paper clip, but obviously be careful not to short it out) then test between + and - and also test + to a separate ground to check you've got a supply up to that point.
Cheers will do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts