Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a rear fog and a reverse light for my 06 st are they the same as a standard focus of this year and would they be the same as the previous shape focus this is just a thought the i could get some off e-bay

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(jordychris @ 11 Dec 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That sounds good car failed mot today because they are the wrong way round in the bumper

Wrong way round in the bumper on an 06
They only fit in one way, by that i mean on the correct side. The only way this can happen if they are LHD versions ie on the opposite sides

·
Registered
323 Posts
QUOTE(jordychris @ 11 Dec 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes the wiring will need to be changed ,
i am looking at these the are of a mk3 do the look ok by what i mean are they the right hand for the uk
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-REAR-FOG-...=item1c0e896dd5

There the ones

Another cheaper option is to replace the bulb in your o/s light (rev light unit) with a red 1 - the reverse light (your n/s unit) is ok as a rev light isn't part of the MOT

You'll still need to run a wire from your n/s light to your o/s light so when you switch on your fog it'll light up the o/s light (with the red bulb)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(jordychris @ 11 Dec 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes the wiring will need to be changed ,
i am looking at these the are of a mk3 do the look ok by what i mean are they the right hand for the uk
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-REAR-FOG-...=item1c0e896dd5

Yes thats them.

If the wiring is the same as mine is a very simple swap over, i have a wire running from one side of the boot to the other underneath the plastic trim. if you remove this and pull the side carpet in the boot back it will be obvious what needs doing.

hope this helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have bought the fog and reverse lights, next job will be to remove and refit how do you remove these from the bumper,after fitting i need to run a wire in the boot can someone explain this please.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(jordychris @ 12 Dec 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have bought the fog and reverse lights, next job will be to remove and refit how do you remove these from the bumper,after fitting i need to run a wire in the boot can someone explain this please.

This should help with the removal of the lights; How To Remove Rear Fog/ Reverse Light

As for the wire, my post above this one kind of describes there should be one in place as they have already been swapped over, if it stops rainning here ill go and take a picture of mine so you can see what i mean.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Here is the picture of the connection, its the same on both sides, to switch back to the uk setup simply unplug the two wires that run under the boot trim and connect the two short connections that are left back together and then the same on the other side. fog_light_connections__2_.JPG

Then you can either remove the wire that runs under the boot trim shown in pic two or just leave them in situ, the trim is a nightmare to remove unless you have the correct tool.

fog_light_connections.JPG

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts