Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys newbie here I have a nk2 st 225 lowered 20/40 I have what feels like a vibration from rear I changed rear strut mounts rear discs wheels balanced can't seem to get rid of it any ideas thanks in advance

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
25,404 Posts
Welcome to the club :)
The car doesn't have rear struts. Are you thinking of something else?
At what speeds do you get the vibration?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking along the lines of uneven wear like the good years when they wear
I'm due new shortly hopefully rules it out would it not show up when balancing is being done?
Personally (and I'm not being snobby or picky) but when it comes to these cars you needs good premium tyre not only for grip but wear and low road noise where possible
Sounds about right they seem to like expensive stuff its never ending

·
Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,749 Posts
I'm due new shortly hopefully rules it out would it not show up when balancing is being done?
In theory if one side has worn more than the other you could balance out the weight difference but I doubt it would make much difference to the feel of driving on a wheel that's not entirely circle- or slightly buckled is the same logic.

Moving wheels around would be a good start to rule all that sort of stuff out. There's not actually that much at the back end of our cars so shouldn't be too hard to track down

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are the fronts like you could swap front to rear see if it helps
Tried swapping doesn't feel any better same tyres all round
In theory if one side has worn more than the other you could balance out the weight difference but I doubt it would make much difference to the feel of driving on a wheel that's not entirely circle- or slightly buckled is the same logic.

Moving wheels around would be a good start to rule all that sort of stuff out. There's not actually that much at the back end of our cars so shouldn't be too hard to track down
I think il replace tyres I have tried front to back but doesn't seem to make any difference and I've no play in wheel bearings either

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.