Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all so I was walking towards my car the other day and noticed the rear door seems to be slightly lower than the front door. But the top is all lined up. I have attached photos showing both sides so you can see the difference. Anything to be concerned about?

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,585 Posts
If it aligns at the top I can only guess it's been repaired or is a non standard part.
It would be interesting if you could measure the height of the door on each side and compare.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it aligns at the top I can only guess it's been repaired or is a non standard part.
It would be interesting if you could measure the height of the door on each side and compare.
I will give them a measure tomorrow. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
382 Posts
you cant get a non standard door, it may be in a tad, but its a ford end of the day built to a certain tolerance, take a pic from further away so i can see the side, it will show any colour differences, im not sure if theres any adjustment on the hinge on the mk3.

have a quick look at the bolts for spanner rash

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,699 Posts
you cant get a non standard door, it may be in a tad, but its a ford end of the day built to a certain tolerance, take a pic from further away so i can see the side, it will show any colour differences, im not sure if theres any adjustment on the hinge on the mk3.

have a quick look at the bolts for spanner rash
Never has a truer word been said! The 'lower' door has probably had a thicker coat of paint at the bottom making it look lower if the top all matches!! On the old XR's the panel gaps would vary from paper width to finger width on the same panel - bonnets were the worst on the XR4's! Ford's bodywork QA check is probably:
1. Nearly the right colour? (Ignore if talking about plastic bumpers).
2. Do doors open & shut flush? (Ignore if talking about Mk3 fuel filler caps)
3. Do panels rub together? (Ignore if talking about Mk2 front & rear bumpers).
4. Is panel gap within +/- 10mm (Ignore if talking about Mk3 prefacelift bumper/nose gaps)

:whistle:

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,509 Posts
It does look like it’s been slightly bent on the bottom edge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts