Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear spring clips wont come out the rear calipers on my car. Was going to change the rear pads but the metal cips were just bending instead of coming out of the holes in the calipers meaning i coundnt separate the 2 pieces of the caliper.

anyone know a good way of getting them out, they have never been off since new as this is its first set of brakes.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Alright mate.

They are made of sprung steel so they will do a bit of bending, you can usually prise them out with a flat bladed screwdriver between the spring clip and the caliper.

If not get a pair of vice grips and grip the spring clip where it goes into the caliper and twist from side to side while pulling the clip out.

If that still does not work, PM me and i will tell you a couple of other ways do remove/get round them.

Where in fife are you?

I see a red 08 pre facelift in lundin links.

Is that you?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Dave, ill give that a go on my next days off.

I stay just outside Cupar, on the Newburgh side so isnt mine youve seen. I have a private plate if you see any more red ones going about.

Cheers Craig

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Afraid not buddy, have to work but would be interested to put the car on since getting dream science map. Have to go down myself one day. Should be a good day tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.