Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question guys.

I see that some of you have the duffuser bit in the pre facelift bumper in back. How did you do this?

I tried vinyl just before xmas and I ******** it up big time! lol Is there another way?

On another note, someone with a toe hock looks like it has revered into my rear bumper, and I've got a indent on it. How much and where can I get a facelift bumper from?

Thanks.

Yup as some of you has guessed, I'm keeping the ST

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Think everyone has had them sprayed , hopefully I should be getting mine done soon .. Think I'm going to have mine sprayed ford magnum grey to match my wheels and fog surrounds .. Also want my front top and bottom grills done aswell

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now Matt that looks lush

Did you just mask it off and spray it? Did you lacquer it? How is the edges, is it prone to flaking?

Sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
893 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 26 Jan 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now Matt that looks lush

Did you just mask it off and spray it? Did you lacquer it? How is the edges, is it prone to flaking?

Sorry for all the questions

We stuck the car on some axle stands and masked everything of following the line mine isn't lacquered but we did polish it up a bit to give it a little bit of a smooth finish here are a couple of work in progress pictures I took to give you an idea, I've also not had any issues with the paint flaking

View attachment 36668 View attachment 36669

·
Registered
976 Posts
Thanks guys

What primer did you use? I assume you used a bit of wet and dry before spraying anything on the bumper?

Where can I get the facelift diffuser from and how much?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I fitted a facelift diffuser to my pre f/l.
I tried fixing it with bolts bonded on from behind (as per aussie forum), drilled holes in the bumper, attached bolts using JDWeld, pushed onto bumper, fitted screws underneath (holes already there) and the bolts kept falling off - in the end i used some stainless allen head bolts pushed through - not bad

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 26 Jan 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a quick question guys.

I see that some of you have the duffuser bit in the pre facelift bumper in back. How did you do this?

I tried vinyl just before xmas and I ******** it up big time! lol Is there another way?

On another note, someone with a toe hock looks like it has revered into my rear bumper, and I've got a indent on it. How much and where can I get a facelift bumper from?

Thanks.

Yup as some of you has guessed, I'm keeping the ST

well done for seeing sense mate & keeping the

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
sprayed mine satin black same as matts but took the bumper off to do it. just mask the area off wet and dryed it then plastic primered it then aplied the black in thin coats. could just scotch it then spray it black if you want

·
Registered
523 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 26 Jan 2010, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys

What primer did you use? I assume you used a bit of wet and dry before spraying anything on the bumper?

Where can I get the facelift diffuser from and how much?

I have a facelift diffuser that I was going to fit but changed my mind. I have trimmed it. You can have it for a few quid plus postage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts