Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
At January`s annual service (10k) t`was reported that the insides of the discs were `rusting` ... with the advice to inspect in four to six months

The outsides are now corroding - marking - roughing up (12k) ... picture will not load

Replacement under warranty due soon

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
At January`s annual service (10k) t`was reported that the insides of the discs were `rusting` ... with the advice to inspect in four to six months

The outsides are now corroding - marking - roughing up (12k) ... picture will not load

Replacement under warranty due soon
:unsure: I would be surprised if Ford replaced brake discs under warranty unless there was another issue with the calipers that caused the issue.

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,192 Posts
That picture brings back memories. The same fault was apparent on Mondeo Mk5s when they first came out. Even on vehs that were below 12,000 miles.

Also on some, the inner pad used to wear much faster than the outer.

When examined nothing specific could be found as to cause of fault

Many others did not show any problem whatsover with disc or pad problem. My own Mk5 2015 Mondeo was still spot on when I sold it at 25K

On a Mondeo forum that I currently use the problem does not get mentioned these days

Don't know about other manufactures other than it was raised by some owners on a Skoda forum

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surface corrosion / pitting / tracking - the nearside disc`s surface is ridged, the offside`s is not but looks the same

As the mileage has increased, under heavy braking the brake assist function has been less noticeable / effective. This was reported prior to the service ... no system faults were found hence maybe down to just wear and tear ?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That picture brings back memories. The same fault was apparent on Mondeo Mk5s when they first came out. Even on vehs that were below 12,000 miles.

Also on some, the inner pad used to wear much faster than the outer.

When examined nothing specific could be found as to cause of fault

Many others did not show any problem whatsover with disc or pad problem. My own Mk5 2015 Mondeo was still spot on when I sold it at 25K

On a Mondeo forum that I currently use the problem does not get mentioned these days

Don't know about other manufactures other than it was raised by some owners on a Skoda forum
I`ve had similar with Mk2 Golf and B5 Audi discs ... put it down to poor materials / non OEM parts

·
Premium Member
Mk4 ST m365
111 Posts
Looks like mine will need replacing very soon too. First registered Sept 19, 9300 miles. Looks like the pads are almost down to the metal too 😬

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Rim Bicycle part

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Mk4 ST m365
111 Posts
Same here. Does your M330 not void any warranty anyway, or is that just engine related claims?
I hope it would just rule out engine related claims but dont know for sure.
Ive decided to replace them myself and upgrade to the mountune grooved discs and fast road pads front and rear.
Price is pretty close to Ford OEM parts.
Ford parts total £476
Mountune parts total £556

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I've priced up front and rear discs and pads; good quality items for £259.00 delivered.

Only thing not sure about is the ebrake. I fitted new brakes on my Z4 recently and that was not easy because of the ebrake

1 - 20 of 26 Posts