Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
My rear brakes are squeaking like mad now started off where it was not too bad but there now getting beyond the joke!

I posted on here and was told to use cooper ease, my question is how hard is it to take the read pads on the ST.

I never worked on brakes before but been told it quite simple, been told i need to wind the calliper back before removing the pads!

Is there a how do guide on doing this, because the dealer wants over 100 just to check it and then i have been told they will tell me i need new pads when i know this is not true!

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Its not to hard to remove the calliper as its held on by 2x 13mm bolts, the problem you may have it getting it back on, the calliper will need winding back a little bit so you can slide it back into place. The copper grease will need to be put on the flat ends of the brake pad, Before doing this clean the metal shims so there shiny again (this is where the problem is, dirty shims and pads causing the pad to stick a bit and squeal) Also while the pads are out deglaze the braking material as this also causes squeals. I need to do the same to my car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts