Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I’m new so forgive if posting in wrong place
I want replace the rear Ford badge and was wondering if you can get different coloured ones , if so where from , plus how easy are they get on and off
Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I want replace the rear Ford badge and was wondering if you can get different coloured ones , if so where from , plus how easy are they get on and off
Thanks for any help
The quickest way is just getting a gel insert with whichever colour you like. Car enhancements UK are good for things like that. If you did wan't to replace with a new one then apply heat and use dental floss to remove. Me personally I would just get an inlay sticker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The quickest way is just getting a gel insert with whichever colour you like. Car enhancements UK are good for things like that. If you did wan't to replace with a new one then apply heat and use dental floss to remove. Me personally I would just get an inlay sticker
Would the inlay sticker cover all the badge as the silver chrome around blue as gone all corroded hence why it needs replacing

·
Registered
487 Posts
DMB Graphics Ltd try dmb bud very good quality and always a perfect fit
DMB's license has just run out on gel overlays, so they can't produce them anymore.

But if that badge HAS to come off... dental floss/fishing line etc. underneath it and some gentle heat from a hairdryer or similar.... my last car was really stubborn and I ended up having to carefully pierce the badge with a pick and then screwdriver to really get under it and lever it off - not for the faint hearted!! Beware of paint damage if you have to do this.. I managed to do it without any, though I had to be really careful. But it was worth it in the end!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Grille Font

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,368 Posts
DMB's license has just run out on gel overlays, so they can't produce them anymore.

But if that badge HAS to come off... dental floss/fishing line etc. underneath it and some gentle heat from a hairdryer or similar.... my last car was really stubborn and I ended up having to carefully pierce the badge with a pick and then screwdriver to really get under it and lever it off - not for the faint hearted!! Beware of paint damage if you have to do this.. I managed to do it without any, though I had to be really careful. But it was worth it in the end! View attachment 906188
Are they not renewing it ? And if no is someone else taking over the license? And I’ve debadged a few cars it takes a lot of patience and I’ve also found turtle wax bug and tar remover a good aid takes 5-10 minutes to start working well but cleans any residue off a treat 👍

·
Registered
487 Posts
Are they not renewing it ? And if no is someone else taking over the license? And I’ve debadged a few cars it takes a lot of patience and I’ve also found turtle wax bug and tar remover a good aid takes 5-10 minutes to start working well but cleans any residue off a treat 👍
It would appear not Alan, which is a real shame, I think everyone will agree on the quality of DMB's products - must admit im glad I bought a spare set a little while ago having heard a rumour that the licence may not be extended!

From DMB themselves....
"DMB Regretfully announce that as of March 31st 2022 we will no longer be selling The Ford Gel Overlay Badges and also the Gel Overlay Wheel Centres. As most will know we are Officially Licensed by Ford Motor Company and on our new license these 2 items are excluded and we cannot sell them.
We thank all of our customers for buying these products and hope you continue to buy all of our other products available ONLINE.
We are still trading AS NORMAL and it is only these TWO products that we are discontinuing. Get them whilst you can as when they are gone they are gone."
Product Glove Sleeve Gesture Material property

·
Registered
Steve Mk3.5 MP/275
814 Posts
Thanks for any help
Hi just replaced my front and rear badges after spraying the chrome areas Black. Both front and rear are attached via sticky pads and also locating pins
so be careful if you remove them not to snap them off. I have the DMB gel overlays as well .

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Bumper
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille Hood

Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting White

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,368 Posts
It would appear not Alan, which is a real shame, I think everyone will agree on the quality of DMB's products - must admit im glad I bought a spare set a little while ago having heard a rumour that the licence may not be extended!

From DMB themselves....
"DMB Regretfully announce that as of March 31st 2022 we will no longer be selling The Ford Gel Overlay Badges and also the Gel Overlay Wheel Centres. As most will know we are Officially Licensed by Ford Motor Company and on our new license these 2 items are excluded and we cannot sell them.
We thank all of our customers for buying these products and hope you continue to buy all of our other products available ONLINE.
We are still trading AS NORMAL and it is only these TWO products that we are discontinuing. Get them whilst you can as when they are gone they are gone." View attachment 906189
That’s a shame I didn’t use the gel badges tbh anyway but the quality is spot on , I’m staying oem as much as possible externally 🥰 want to keep the 500 look so people actually know what they looked like in the future

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts