Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a CAIS and took me all day to fit, drawing litres of blood, took it for a dive when fitted was expecting a mighty roars, whooshing and dumping and chatting and whistling from the big 5 cylinder turbo but nothing,
all, sounds like I got the standard airbox on, really
off i cant hear no turbo sound. why does it sound normal, I used to put kits on my saxos and clios and the roar was awesome, rant over

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Bought a CAIS and took me all day to fit, drawing litres of blood, took it for a dive when fitted was expecting a mighty roars, whooshing and dumping and chatting and whistling from the big 5 cylinder turbo but nothing,
all, sounds like I got the standard airbox on, really
off i cant hear no turbo sound. why does it sound normal, I used to put kits on my saxos and clios and the roar was awesome, rant over
Hmm sounds like you've fitted a closed system.

We're you actually expecting more noise replacing a closed system with... a closed system?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Its not a closed system, its the BSR kit and its well and truly open, I feel like ripping the
off and binning it. There is no way in hell it sounds and thing like the black above

Sounds like a
smart car

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Bsr? That's the jobber that sits right up by the engine? Since its open I'd expect it to have some noise to it? Probably not getting enough air way up there?

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Doesn't look like a massively used kit. Also if I'm looking at the right one it's just going to be pulling in hot air from the engine bay?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Whether its pulling in hot air or not wouldnt make a difference to noise, could it be down to the make of filter??

I want a d/s one but i live down a
lane that floods in the winter and im pretty certain it would drench the filter

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
open filters like the DS or k&n make more noise cos the pipes longer so it echoes more not to mention they have an actual k&n on the end

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
i would say from the kit you will get little noise as its on a 90 degree bend pipe.The one in the video is running the dreamscience kit which uses a venturi system which helps make the noise

1 - 20 of 110 Posts