Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

As a new owner, not having covered any great mileage as yet, I was wondering what I could expect to get MPG wise, on our frequent trips to the North East to visit my mum. It's 240 miles, and I was guessing a tank and a half should do it?...it's all motorway driving, and I won't be driving too heavy footed, as my Fiance is always glancing over @ the speedo LOL.

As my previous car was an Rx-8, I was used to getting no more than 22MPG!!!...so anything above that is a bonus

Nige

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
QUOTE(nilitara @ 7 Jan 2010, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys

As a new owner, not having covered any great mileage as yet, I was wondering what I could expect to get MPG wise, on our frequent trips to the North East to visit my mum. It's 240 miles, and I was guessing a tank and a half should do it?...it's all motorway driving, and I won't be driving too heavy footed, as my Fiance is always glancing over @ the speedo LOL.

As my previous car was an Rx-8, I was used to getting no more than 22MPG!!!...so anything above that is a bonus

Nige

Think you will be looking at more like 3/4 of a tank for a 240 mile trip mate
I know what you mean about the gf mate, My missus is exactly the same!!

If i fill mine to the neck the computer says 295 miles to empty, I assume yours will display a similar figure mate.

Christian.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts

Nige

on a motoway run depending how you drive
28-30mpg and 22/23mpg on normal A roads commuting etc

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE(Russeh @ 7 Jan 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>on a motoway run depending how you drive

+1

I get EXACTLY those figures.
Tank is 55 litres so that's 250-350 miles per tank depending.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Nige

To be totally honest the ST is Surprisingly good on a run, I only manage about 27-28mpg on my commute (5miles of twisty lanes) but on the motorway, as long as you keep at around 70Mph and limit yourself to 1 or two full bore overtakes you should easily see 34mpg. I managed 36.4mpg on a run from Crewe to Bournemouth by just sticking to a steady 70mph. just check your tyre pressures before and drive sensibly. The ST's reputation for poor MPG is mainly due to its heavy consumption when the engine is cold. Aim for 350- 400 miles per tant on a run

·
Registered
64 Posts
When i fill mine up, usually about 50ish liters and go on a 240miles motor way round trip plus the rest round towns, i get about 300+ miles outta it and the mpg clock usually reads at about 28ish, that with a K&N Gen II fitted as well.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(Russeh @ 7 Jan 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>on a motoway run depending how you drive

I'm similar, I get about 30mpg cruising between 70-80 on motorway, may drop a couple if I have a few 'spirited' overtakes. Once on the B roads though it can drop the average to around 25mpg, giving 300 to a tank.

If I was to do a solid motorway journey on a full tank I'd expect around 350 to a tank.

If it was to be mostly B roads and urban I'd expect 225-250 a tank.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did leicester to reading on tuesday went down the m1 to silverstone cut across to the m40 and then on the m4 came back the more direct route m4/m25/m1 and was please to have done exactly 33mpg, however, on my short sprints to work and general running about i get somewhere between 22-25mpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.