Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody new member here, just taken delivery of my 57plate 3 dr blue st3, I used to have a revo softwared s3 and whant more out of the st can anybody give me any idea of what to do first and what to use, thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
to the club mate, sign up for full membership and look in the power section, would of thought you'd be looking at either Dreamscience or Code-Red for a remap, thats what most people use around here and gets you the best increase for your money
David

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
QUOTE(Andy Smith @ 30 Dec 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello everybody new member here, just taken delivery of my 57plate 3 dr blue st3, I used to have a revo softwared s3 and whant more out of the st can anybody give me any idea of what to do first and what to use, thanks

Hello and Welcome,

If you had the newer S3 then you wont get the ST much faster, as the S3 are 300bhp with the revo map.

If its the 1.8T then you will be happy with the increase.

Its worth the £10 to be honest to join as a full member, all the discounts will help you from all the top companies.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(Ronnie @ 30 Dec 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello and Welcome,

If you had the newer S3 then you wont get the ST much faster, as the S3 are 300bhp with the revo map.

If its the 1.8T then you will be happy with the increase.

Its worth the £10 to be honest to join as a full member, all the discounts will help you from all the top companies.

Welcome to the club.

Ronnie is spot on you would have to look down the uprated turbo route, together with a quaiff diff and a decent brake and suspention upgrade to better a revo s3.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,325 Posts
Not sure if you are saying you just want more out of your
, or more than a Revo S3 ?

If it's the former then there's plenty of great re-maps (DS, CR, Bluefin, Mountune etc) which give good power increases and are cheap and easy to install yourself via a handheld device....

Try someone's car with one of these and see what you think before going any further...

Oh, and welcome to the FSTOC and enjoy the best part of your new car - the 5-pot engine note

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish it was a newshape it was an 02 plate 225bhp standard around 270 with revo, only had the st out for a couple of miles as the weather here as everywhere is bad, it just felt a litle lazy compared to the s3 but it will get better i know with around 1500 quid spent on it, its what to do first i hear the uprated rad is the way to go first as the tend to run a little warm when re mapped

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
QUOTE(Andy Smith @ 30 Dec 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wish it was a newshape it was an 02 plate 225bhp standard around 270 with revo, only had the st out for a couple of miles as the weather here as everywhere is bad, it just felt a litle lazy compared to the s3 but it will get better i know with around 1500 quid spent on it, its what to do first i hear the uprated rad is the way to go first as the tend to run a little warm when re mapped

Up to 300bhp the standard rad is fine
- we have only used the bigger rad on our 330 upgrades.

There are many other 'goodies' which we (and the other forum guys) would suggest getting first.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,325 Posts
QUOTE(Andy Smith @ 30 Dec 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wish it was a newshape it was an 02 plate 225bhp standard around 270 with revo, only had the st out for a couple of miles as the weather here as everywhere is bad, it just felt a litle lazy compared to the s3 but it will get better i know with around 1500 quid spent on it, its what to do first i hear the uprated rad is the way to go first as the tend to run a little warm when re mapped

I think its actually an uprated Intercooler that you have heard about being recommended... ?

With the 'Summer' we get in the UK, its worth having if you have the cash but not absolutely essential in my experience ...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(FastEddie @ 30 Dec 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think its actually an uprated Intercooler that you have heard about being recommended... ?

With the 'Summer' we get in the UK, its worth having if you have the cash but not absolutely essential in my experience ...

I thought the same until we had a few hot days last summer. I had the intercooler fitted and it was a massive difference. It pulls harder in the warmer weather and when it is cold like at the moment it has made the car quicker

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Hi Andy and
to the
club. As others have said there are plenty of options open to you, most normally starting with a remap. Your best bet is to get signed up as an Owner Member and have a good look through the technical forums - a wealth of information awaits you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.