Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(Moorski @ 25 Jan 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guys,

Just looking at re mapping the
...just wondered what everyone's preference was and what sort of prices to I should expect.

Cheers

Sam

Sam, best for value would have to be a second hand dreamscience unit with five maps for around £300. But all the main tuners maps are great Code red, Bluefin etc.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Been looking at re-maps, cars standard at the min! Everyone talks about the hand held devices, but im thinking of having the one that uses the laptop and do it that way! Is there really much or no difference?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
QUOTE(Moorski @ 25 Jan 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guys,

Just looking at re mapping the
...just wondered what everyone's preference was and what sort of prices to I should expect.

Cheers

Sam

hey sam, like you im a new owner, 3 weeks now!!!! i have tried bluefin stage one and dreamscience race+ on my car so far. and what ive found is that the race+ is mental low down power that has good mid range but dies down slightly at higher revs. the turbo has a realy big kick when u floor it at low revs. as for the bluefin, at low down revs its no where near as "fun" as the race+ i find it personlay quite dissapointing, but, it does all change in the mid rev range, thats where the bluefin comes alive, id say the midrange power is as good if not a little more noticeable than race+. the high rev power pulls more constantly than the race+ too, it doesnt fade as much. so like you im still trying to decide which one too keep, a lot of people will proberbly disagree with this but i would say the ds race+ is a more "boy racer" loon around your local town set up, and the bluefin stage 1 is better suited for big open roads and motorways. and anyway, what do i know as ive only been a fellow st owner for less than a month now
hope its helped anyway mate

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 3 Feb 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey sam, like you im a new owner, 3 weeks now!!!! i have tried bluefin stage one and dreamscience race+ on my car so far. and what ive found is that the race+ is mental low down power that has good mid range but dies down slightly at higher revs. the turbo has a realy big kick when u floor it at low revs. as for the bluefin, at low down revs its no where near as "fun" as the race+ i find it personlay quite dissapointing, but, it does all change in the mid rev range, thats where the bluefin comes alive, id say the midrange power is as good if not a little more noticeable than race+. the high rev power pulls more constantly than the race+ too, it doesnt fade as much. so like you im still trying to decide which one too keep, a lot of people will proberbly disagree with this but i would say the ds race+ is a more "boy racer" loon around your local town set up, and the bluefin stage 1 is better suited for big open roads and motorways. and anyway, what do i know as ive only been a fellow st owner for less than a month now
hope its helped anyway mate

If your less of a loon (like me) then DSci map is the one to go for. Spread of power is better but you still have the wild go factor if you want it. TBH we all have our own opinions but the advice I was given and that I will now pass on is that DS gives you 5 maps for around £300 second hand. This way you can chop and change between economic mode, full on race mode and everything in between anytime you like and in around 5 mins. You could drive to a track day in "Performance+" then switch to "Race+" for you session then change to "DSci" for a frap on the back roads home. It's that easy. Most programmers give you 1 map only for similar money - why restrict yourself!!!

Gar

PS - ST only been home one week and I have DS fitted with Induction Kit and De-cat awaiting fitment (LOL). I have already just completed all the research you are doing now and decided, with good advice on DS. They will all blow your socks off and do a good job, but DS gives you flexibility! Pay your money, take your choice!

·
Registered
484 Posts
ive got a second hand dreamscience, i use the race+ map drives like your normal ST until you put the boot down and then it takes off. good power delivery turbos smooth during boost. pressure seems safe at just under 1.2bar overboost then settles to 0.9bar.

ive got a dreamscience intercooler and a K&N panel (its like a homemade mountune lol) but i love it. 2nd hand dreamscience is the one to go for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.