Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit I haven't got round to exploring the catch/lock with a screwdriver yet, but if you have a rattling/squeaking hatch like I do, is it easy to adjust the catch?

It seems to be the hatch and not something more ominous because you can get it to rattle/squeak just by pressing down on it and moving your hands left and right.

Ta!

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(Lemming @ 26 Nov 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have to admit I haven't got round to exploring the catch/lock with a screwdriver yet, but if you have a rattling/squeaking hatch like I do, is it easy to adjust the catch?

It seems to be the hatch and not something more ominous because you can get it to rattle/squeak just by pressing down on it and moving your hands left and right.

Ta!

Dead easy.

T30 (or possibly T40) Torx bit and 5 minutes are all that is required.

Pop open the two round screw head covers on the inside lip of the boot either side of the catch, and adjust away!!

PS > Don't forget to join up as an owner member!! Lots of other good info in the "members only" sections!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers,

LOL yeah as it happened I had literally just submitted my "Owner" payment but as it takes a day or so to take effect and being impatient, I posted my question in the General section. Lo and behold the Forum Bot automatically moved it to the technical section where I could no longer see any replies!

Anyway, that's all up and running now so no more worries there.

And no worries on the rattle front either!
Although I can see there's not much downward adjustment of the catch to cure future rattles if it starts again.

Lem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.