Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
there really is something special about them isnt there...
the mrs parents went to china to tour last year and paid £100 to have a baby panda sit on there lap and have photos taken....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Donna @ 12 Feb 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awww they are so cute. Did you actually take the piccies?

Not this particular trip. They were sent to me by a loadmaster who did the trip and who i fly with often. I have, however, recently done trips carrying 13 fully grown male adult rhinos and 165 head of dairy cattle. I'll dig out the card with the pictures on and post a few on here.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow wicked pics, is you'r job to load or fly? What an interesting job ether way.
Bet those fellas cost more then £14 quid for next day delivery!

Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(STIOM @ 12 Feb 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow wicked pics, is you'r job to load or fly? What an interesting job ether way.
Bet those fellas cost more then £14 quid for next day delivery!

Keep up the good work!!

Hi mate,

I am a ground engineer but also do alot of flight mechanic work on charter flights to places where we don't have our own maintenance.

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(Flightmech @ 12 Feb 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi mate,

I am a ground engineer but also do alot of flight mechanic work on charter flights to places where we don't have our own maintenance.

So you get paid to see the world too! Top job!
Just as long as you dont get into a situation like 'tom hanks' in 'cast away'! You'd be stuck with wilson

·
Registered
221 Posts
QUOTE(nokio @ 12 Feb 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great pics. The mrs has asked where was they going?

Hi Nokio,

One panda (Tai Shan) was picked up from Atlanta, the airplane then proceeded to Washington to pick up the second (Mei Lan). They had both been in zoos in their respective cities. In effect they were returning home for conservation to Chengdu, China. 15.5hrs non-stop from Washington to Chengdu!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.