Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, nipped into Asda Gateshead last night about 9-30,thinks to myself I will only be a couple of minutes so parks car in taxi pick up point (I know its only for taxis
) next mistake was leaving sat-nav on show,comes back literally 5 minutes later and sees some guy with hi-viz jacket at passenger door,at this point thinks to myself
going to get a ticket,suddenly realise this
is trying to force my door,starts to run towards car and he runs off to his
mate sitting on adjacent road and dives in back of car and they shoot off like something out of the movies,unfortunately never got any details of their car.
I know it was all my own fault for parking where I shouldn`t have and leaving sat-nav on show but just wanted to let off some steam.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Aye mate, certainly some scummy low-life's out there, them doing that would of made me go postal. Make sure you do all the right things next time round

·
Registered
58 Posts
They are always around so pays to remove everything on show, I was speaking to a Traffic officer recently and one tip he told me which happens regularly is DON'T leave your sat nav cradle stuck to the windscreen because if like me and so many others do is you leave your sat nav in the glove box and cradle on the windscreen, the crims no this so if they see that on the windscreen they will still break in anyway check the glovebox then Foxtrot Oscar

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
They are always around so pays to remove everything on show, I was speaking to a Traffic officer recently and one tip he told me which happens regularly is DON'T leave your sat nav cradle stuck to the windscreen because if like me and so many others do is you leave your sat nav in the glove box and cradle on the windscreen, the crims no this so if they see that on the windscreen they will still break in anyway check the glovebox then Foxtrot Oscar
The ring left by the mount is also a dead giveaway.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That sucks. I would have chased him, rammed him and shot all his tyres out (like in the movies!)

I have been in the car waiting at a set of lights before, broad daylight, with my sat nav on stuck to the windscreen. Two guys waiting on the kerb side, one comes over (I'm thinking they are about to ask a question) and opens the passenger door. Everything happened so quick and knew what he was after, I struggled to lock all the doors. After failing to lock the doors I decided to shoot off (luckily the lights went green) crossing the junction with the door wide open. Never
myself so much in my life.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I once parked up in Fleet services as I had to use the little boys room. I parked right over the back out of the way, it was late at night so hardly anyone about. I left the misses in there. As I was walking back I noticed a bloke walking towards the car. Thought it was a bit suspect as there was not another car in sight, only mine. I started to increase my pace and then I noticed him suddenly stop and pace off in the other direction. As I got closer I noticed what he had seen. His footsteps must have woken Storm, my rather large German Shepherd, who was sleeping on the back seat.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
thieving scum shame you didnt catch him mate and give him a good slap.

i keep telling my misses to hide all her stuff in her car she leaves the sat nav in the window hand bag on the seat phone in the holder
i could give her a slap some times as it will be me that will have to pay to fix and replace the stuff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
thieving scum shame you didnt catch him mate and give him a good slap.

i keep telling my misses to hide all her stuff in her car she leaves the sat nav in the window hand bag on the seat phone in the holder
i could give her a slap some times as it will be me that will have to pay to fix and replace the stuff.
Oh your not alone mate my woman is just as bad really winds me up like you I would love to give her a damn good thrashing with a bull whip but unfortunately can't

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Oh your not alone mate my woman is just as bad really winds me up like you I would love to give her a damn good thrashing with a bull whip but unfortunately can't
im glad im not the only 1 then mate.haha a bull whip.i cant give my misses a slap shes been reading 50 shades of grey so now she would like it lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts