Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am writing from Mexico city, I am the MK3 made in USA Ford Focus ST owner. My previous car was a wonderfull MK2 made in Germany with a lot of mods.

But here is the situation, for twice only (by the moment), suddenly the R 1 3 and 5 gears fully blocked, impossible to insert the gear.

Firts time was after many minutes driving in 6th in a freeway, and that maked me mad and I pushed really hard until the gear goes on. but today after a normal city driving again the same problem. After a few minutes pushing with some strenght finally I could insert 3rd and then all normal.

I have read about the engine mounts and I do not know if there could be any relathionship, but at this time I am very disapointed with the car, only 2k km and presenting problems.

OHH The car has K&W V3 coilovers and 20mm wheel spacers.

Thanks in advance for any opinion, help or anything

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
As above really.
It's a new car under warranty so the dealer should be top of your list of people to talk to.
Having said that, it's probably something really simple

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course taking the car to the dealer is the best option for my wallet, but here in Mexico they are very limted in car's knowledge, and ususally with this "new car" fault, they only take the car for a week for nothing, and then say "we make some service to the gearbox"

I posted the fault, first to set a precedent and second as We know, many common problems are solved with simple solutions or aftermaket parts, I thought maybe replacing the engine mounts with something stronger.

But anyway, I will be informing about the situation.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Of course taking the car to the dealer is the best option for my wallet, but here in Mexico they are very limted in car's knowledge, and ususally with this "new car" fault, they only take the car for a week for nothing, and then say "we make some service to the gearbox"

I posted the fault, first to set a precedent and second as We know, many common problems are solved with simple solutions or aftermaket parts, I thought maybe replacing the engine mounts with something stronger.

But anyway, I will be informing about the situation.
then nothing, what about an update........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts