Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Collins,

I've been building up my upgrades and now I want to get them installed. What would I expect to pay for labor as an estimate?

- Front Anti Roll Bar Bushes (Poweflex Upgrades)
- Front Lower Front Wishbone Bushes (Powerflex Upgrades)
- Radtec/Dreamscience Intercooler
- Elivate Rear Anti Roll Bar

- Disc/Pads all round (Still yet to buy but I could probably get this done anywhere)

Many thanks,

Liam

You're welcome to PM with a rough price, thanks.

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Have look at ebay for discs Liam. There's a company in Derby called the brake depot which sell on there. Search for ST 225 40 Groove discs. Up fir the job. Do a package with EBC Red Stuff or buy the discs and buy the Cosworth pads from JWR.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have look at ebay for discs Liam. There's a company in Derby called the brake depot which sell on there. Search for ST 225 40 Groove discs. Up fir the job. Do a package with EBC Red Stuff or buy the discs and buy the Cosworth pads from JWR.
Cheers Tim. I might pick your brains a little more closer the time of buying these.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Are they ok those discs? I'm tempted to do my fronts soon.
I've always been of the understanding that grooved disks are good for creating noise and nothing more. I'll be using Ford OEM disks up until the point I upgrade the entire lot to something like the K-Sport offering.

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Are they ok those discs? I'm tempted to do my fronts soon.
Don't see why not, disks are only iron. I know people running grooved disks no issues and Fishy always chose the cheapest he could find. If you don't like 40 grooved they do plain grooved or grooved and dimpled or grooved and cross drilled. Personally I'd stay away from cross drilled though as they have a tendancy to break.

Link to their site:

http://www.brakedepot.co.uk/shop/index.php

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
Hi Collins,

I've been building up my upgrades and now I want to get them installed. What would I expect to pay for labor as an estimate?

- Front Anti Roll Bar Bushes (Poweflex Upgrades)
- Front Lower Front Wishbone Bushes (Powerflex Upgrades)
- Radtec/Dreamscience Intercooler
- Elivate Rear Anti Roll Bar

- Disc/Pads all round (Still yet to buy but I could probably get this done anywhere)

Many thanks,

Liam

You're welcome to PM with a rough price, thanks.
Hi Liam

I will send you pm

Regards

Gary

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I've always been of the understanding that grooved disks are good for creating noise and nothing more. I'll be using Ford OEM disks up until the point I upgrade the entire lot to something like the K-Sport offering.
I have Tarox discs and have had them for months. There is zero noise from them.
I use Tarox discs, pads, braided hoses and brake fluid and the braking improvement is substantial. This is with standard calipers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts